Hi all,

I've been given a Hohner G3T by a guy from work who doesn't play, one downside - it's left handed, and I'm right handed ...just wondering do you guys think it would be possible to restring it from left handed to right handed?

Thanks!
Last edited by KyronUK at Jun 15, 2011,
Quote by KyronUK
Hi all,

I've been given a Hohner G3T by a guy from work who doesn't play, one downside - it's left handed, and I'm right handed ...just wondering do you guys think it would be possible to restring it from left handed to right handed?

Thanks!

It might need a new nut and you might want to swap the bridge saddles over. Other than that it should be fine.
It's what Hendrix did, but from right-handed to left-handed with his strat. It'll make your bass strings brighter and your treble strings mellower, though.
Quote by Attack&Release
It'll make your bass strings brighter and your treble strings mellower, though.

How so?
I have no sig
Yea it's possible. I just always thought that if you do the volume knobs an etc, would get in the way of your strumming hand.
Quote by digman50
It might need a new nut and you might want to swap the bridge saddles over. Other than that it should be fine.

Thanks for the reply, the G3T is a headless guitar and uses double ball ended strings, so I should be okay with keeping the nut as it is, but by swapping the bridge saddle over to you mean buying a new right handed one or?
You are going to need a new nut if you flip a lefty to righty, or vice-versa. The heavy low strings won't fit in the thin slots for the skinny high strings, and those high strings will sink in the wide slots cut for the low strings.

If it is a tune-o-matic type bridge, you can remove the individual bridge saddles and reverse their order so that the ones with the wide cuts line up with the bass strings and the ones with the thin cuts line up with the treble strings.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I did it, all went well! ...no need for a new nut or bridge, it uses double ball ended strings so the slots are the same width for every string. Thanks for all the help guys