I've heard the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone is good. I have a Fender Mustang ii 40 watt amp, which the settings:

Gain:6.5
Treble:6
Mid:8
Bass:6
Presence:8

Basically, I would really like to have a Megadeth tone/sound, my amp can't really get there so I'm looking for a pedal which will do the trick. My price range is <£100. Thanks
Quote by Tyranator
I've heard the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone is good. I have a Fender Mustang ii 40 watt amp, which the settings:

Gain:6.5
Treble:6
Mid:8
Bass:6
Presence:8

Basically, I would really like to have a Megadeth tone/sound, my amp can't really get there so I'm looking for a pedal which will do the trick. My price range is <£100. Thanks

You're better off selling your Fender, taking your money you got now, and getting a better amp.

IMO the MT-2 is one of the worst Boss pedals around.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
You're better off selling your Fender, taking your money you got now, and getting a better amp.

IMO the MT-2 is one of the worst Boss pedals around.

Yeah, I was thinking about returning it, it just doesn't have good enough distortion and it's not really suited for metal. Are there any good amps for metal at around then <£200 price range? Just for practice?
Peavey Vypyr 30w That is the best option for practice on your budget.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I've played the mustang before, you should be able to get a half decant Megadeth sound out of it. Try the Metal 2000 channel and scoop the mids a little bit
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
I've played the mustang before, you should be able to get a half decant Megadeth sound out of it. Try the Metal 2000 channel and scoop the mids a little bit

Do you mean the Brutal Metal preset?
tonerider british distortion would work at a pinch. it does that pretty bright hot rod marshall thing pretty well.

that being said, i'd say a new amp would be a better plan. save up a little longer (depending on your situation, of course) and you could get something which'd work pretty well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
tonerider british distortion would work at a pinch. it does that pretty bright hot rod marshall thing pretty well.

that being said, i'd say a new amp would be a better plan. save up a little longer (depending on your situation, of course) and you could get something which'd work pretty well.

How much would you recommend I save up for a practice amp?
whatever you can easily afford, and don't mind spending.

I mean there's no law that says a practice amp has to be cheap- if you like sounding good you can spend whatever.

By the same token, if you're struggling to make this month's rent you probably shouldn't buy a cornford carrera, lol. Or if you have 15 different money-intensive hobbies, you shouldn't spend all your disposable income on guitar.

up to you, basically. by and large, more expensive amps will be better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
whatever you can easily afford, and don't mind spending.

I mean there's no law that says a practice amp has to be cheap- if you like sounding good you can spend whatever.

By the same token, if you're struggling to make this month's rent you probably shouldn't buy a cornford carrera, lol. Or if you have 15 different money-intensive hobbies, you shouldn't spend all your disposable income on guitar.

up to you, basically. by and large, more expensive amps will be better.

Ok, what are the best brands out there?
it's really hard to say because (a) there are so many and (b) so much of it is personal preference.

For megadeth, though, personally i'd want something hot-rod marshally. if you're in the UK you can normally get that for not-that-much, but again that depends on your definition of "not-that-much". It also depends on your home situation- if you live in an apartment, say, tube is probably out.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it's really hard to say because (a) there are so many and (b) so much of it is personal preference.

For megadeth, though, personally i'd want something hot-rod marshally. if you're in the UK you can normally get that for not-that-much, but again that depends on your definition of "not-that-much". It also depends on your home situation- if you live in an apartment, say, tube is probably out.

Well, I play in my bedroom, in a house, I can probably spend about £400/$650 or less. It doesn't matter how big the amp is either.
Quote by larson8er
am i the only one thinking blackstar ht-5 ?

good point larson, I'd suggest either that or a peavey vypr
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Tyranator
Well, I play in my bedroom, in a house, I can probably spend about £400/$650 or less. It doesn't matter how big the amp is either.

do you share any walls with neighbours?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?