EDIT: because new information supersedes the old one. I now have a picture. Both speakers are wired the same way. Each jack has a hot and a ground wire to it. I don't really know why there are two jacks thinking about it.

So the question - is this series or parallel, and based on this are they going to deliver 16ohms or 4 ohms when daisy chained considering the speakers are 8 ohms each?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63903125@N05/5839083011/in/photostream

Is there a device that I can put between my head and cab to convert the ohms? My amp only takes 8 and 16 ohms, but my speakers are 4 ohms when wired together.
Last edited by CobenBlack at Jun 16, 2011,
list how many speakers your cabinet has, and how many ohms they are, individually.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
I have 2 seperate cabs, both 1x12. The speakers are 1970's celestion g12 125's and they are each 8ohms. I can obviously use one of them at the moment, but I'd like to be able to use one for small gigs and then for larger gigs I'd like to daisy chain them together and put one on each side of the stage for better panning.

I believe that when daisy chaining 2 8 ohm cabs they become 4 ohms.
no, if you daisy chained them, it would be in series so youd have 16 ohms. to get to 4 ohms, youd need to have them in parallel
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
so pointless thread is pointless
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Uh, depends. I've got a cab that is wired so that when you plug another one into it, they run in parallel (which'd reduce the Ohms). You could still wire yours so that both cabs would run in series. Can't tell you what's actually the case without seeing some pics of the wiring though.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jun 15, 2011,
Quote by TheQuailman
Uh, depends. I've got a cab that is wired so that when you plug another one into it, they run in parallel (which'd reduce the Ohms). You could still wire yours so that both cabs would run in series. Can't tell you what's actually the case without seeing some pics of the wiring though.

This.

Yep, it could go either way. My PA speakers, when daisy chained, are in parallel.

If the cab only has two jacks, then I believe parallel is the only way it can be daisy chained, because if it was in series, then neither jack would work because the other one is disconnected.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Jun 15, 2011,
Quote by Reincaster
This.

Yep, it could go either way. My PA speakers, when daisy chained, are in parallel.

If the cab only has two jacks, then I believe parallel is the only way it can be daisy chained, because if it was in series, then neither jack would work because the other one is disconnected.

exactly. if they were in series you would have an open circuit. daisy chaining will lead to the impedance being 4 ohms.
Like I mentioned earlier, the very fact that you can use one jack on it's own is proof that the jacks are wired in parallel. There are two jacks so you can daisy chain them. You can rewire them in parallel, but then you would be unable to use one on it's own without rewiring.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra