Hey guys,

just found this youtube channel and this guy makes unreal 8-Bit covers. He first did the beatles (Elenor Rigby) and just put up a Coheed and Cambria cover. His video editing is top notch and everyone he does is his own work and stuff. Please check him out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8G5nT_Z26g

His youtube channel is BobJummyMcFred
Current Gear:

Schecter Synyster Custom: White/Gold
Ibanez AX125
Art and Lutherie Acoustic
Epiphone Thunderbird IV

Spider II 15w
Crate Bass Amp
VOX DA5

Boss MT-2
it's not hard.

1. take MIDI file
2. upload to Midi compatible 8-bit program
3. save/export
4. ???
5. profit

and 8-bit videos aren't hard to make either. any idiot with flash could make them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yeah but he doesnt do that. Thats the point of his music, its like an original score. He redoes every part by himself. Uses a program called Famitracker:

http://famitracker.shoodot.net/

FamiTracker is a free windows tracker for producing music for the NES/Famicom-systems. The interface is based on MadTracker and should be easy to use if you've been using trackers before.
Current Gear:

Ibanez AX125
Epiphone Thunderbird IV

Spider II 15w
Crate Bass Amp
VOX DA5

Boss MT-2
Quote by bassplayer8
Yeah but he doesnt do that. Thats the point of his music, its like an original score. He redoes every part by himself. Uses a program called Famitracker:

http://famitracker.shoodot.net/

FamiTracker is a free windows tracker for producing music for the NES/Famicom-systems. The interface is based on MadTracker and should be easy to use if you've been using trackers before.

again, anyone can do that. making 8-bit covers is easy.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Why does I feel this is your page?

+1
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Its not, but I can't prove that to you cause the creator has never put up his real face. So you can believe what I posted or you can believe that this is me with self promotion.
Current Gear:

Ibanez AX125
Epiphone Thunderbird IV

Spider II 15w
Crate Bass Amp
VOX DA5

Boss MT-2
It's not his video, it's mine. It's too bad you guys don't like it - I guess you either love chiptune music or you hate it. Anyways, thanks for actually looking at it, that will surely help it get to people that will like it.
Quote by BobMcFred
It's not his video, it's mine. It's too bad you guys don't like it - I guess you either love chiptune music or you hate it. Anyways, thanks for actually looking at it, that will surely help it get to people that will like it.

I just asked because he knew a lot of things you would only generally know.

I don't hate or particularly love 8-bit music, it can be completely well done, or utter crap. Neither of yours was really bad though.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Haven't listened to it, but I enjoy 8-bit music. I've done a couple of tracks on Guitar Pro then made it into 8-bit. Tis cool.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Quote by ethan_hanus
That was awful, muddy and just....lame.

We do have 64 bit technology, sounds much much better.

This guy must be using a 128 kb ram computer to create this music.

There's a nostalgia value attached to 8-bit music. This definitely wasn't the best 8-bit tune out there though.
When I want a bit of chuckle I listen to 8 bit covers, or chipmunked covers.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
lol no, hes a buddy of mine, just trying to help out. I guess I still have a long way to go, in terms of making chiptune music that doesn't sound bad to people who don't like the genre. I was just tired of "8-bit" covers that were just converted midi files, they sound so fake if you're used to stuff like Anamanaguchi, no offence vacant_pistol
Quote by BobMcFred
lol no, hes a buddy of mine, just trying to help out. I guess I still have a long way to go, in terms of making chiptune music that doesn't sound bad to people who don't like the genre. I was just tired of "8-bit" covers that were just converted midi files, they sound so fake if you're used to stuff like Anamanaguchi, no offence vacant_pistol

no offense, but why would you register just to say that? TS also said in the OP that he "just found you," and yet here you are saying he is your buddy? something doesn't seem right about that.
Unlike everyone else here, I actually enjoyed it

To be fair though, it's my first time listening to 8-bit music
Quote by theogonia777
no offense, but why would you register just to say that? TS also said in the OP that he "just found you," and yet here you are saying he is your buddy? something doesn't seem right about that.

I signed up to clear up some confusion. People thought he was promoting himself, and hating him for it, but he doesn't deserve that, he was just trying to help me. If anybody should get hate for my video it should be me. I'm just a good person that way

But honestly though, it's just a video. There isn't a need to argue about anything.
Quote by BobMcFred
I signed up to clear up some confusion. People thought he was promoting himself, and hating him for it, but he doesn't deserve that, he was just trying to help me. If anybody should get hate for my video it should be me. I'm just a good person that way

But honestly though, it's just a video. There isn't a need to argue about anything.

I was a huge fan before you got famous.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
To be fair though, it's my first time listening to 8-bit music

You've never played an old gameboy or Super Nintendo game? The soundtracks for those are 8-bit.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Quote by ikitson
I was a huge fan before you got famous.

I knew where you lived before this mainstream poser knew who you are.
Ok so TS advertises his own stuff by saying it's not his stuff, and then creates another account to act as the real artist. Pretty straightforward. Also it's unlikely you "found" this guy seeing as how both videos were uploaded today.

It's ok to advertise your stuff (maybe somewhere else) but when you lie in strange ways people lose respect for you.
Quote by Kutless Rocker
You've never played an old gameboy or Super Nintendo game? The soundtracks for those are 8-bit.

Yeah I have, but those weren't covers of songs I knew.
Also one of the reasons I stopped playing pokemon is the music, that shit is the same all the way through.
Quote by Timothym
Ok so TS advertises his own stuff by saying it's not his stuff, and then creates another account to act as the real artist. Pretty straightforward. Also it's unlikely you "found" this guy seeing as how both videos were uploaded today.

It's ok to advertise your stuff (maybe somewhere else) but when you lie in strange ways people lose respect for you.

I assure you I'm not the OP, but if you don't believe me then I guess theres no harm done.
Quote by theogonia777
it's not hard.

1. take MIDI file
2. upload to Midi compatible 8-bit program
3. save/export
4. ???
5. profit

and 8-bit videos aren't hard to make either. any idiot with flash could make them.

That's the cheap way of doing it, though. Chiptune tends to have its own conventions that you have to take into consideration when writing it.

Also, if you aren't using a tracker, you're probably doing it wrong.
Quote by Timothym

Whoaaa easy there buddy. One video was uploaded over a month ago. And honestly if I was that desperate to sell this off as someone else I wouldnt create another account cause that would just dig a deeper hole for me.

I wanted to spread the word of this guy, and fair enough I didn't "just" find this youtube channel. I heard about it a couple days ago, and that was a simple miscommunication and awkward choice of words. Anyway though, its about the music not who posted it and stuff.
Current Gear:

Ibanez AX125
Epiphone Thunderbird IV

Spider II 15w
Crate Bass Amp
VOX DA5

Boss MT-2
Quote by Emperor's Child
Famitracker's pretty easy to use
8 bit's overated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVEyGntyOZQ
16 bit FTW!

Besides I much prefer real instrument covers of 8/16 bit music

Genesis/Mega Drive-style stuff is a pain in the ass to make, though, since it uses FM synthesis. Which is legendary for being a pain in the ass to learn. I know a little bit, but shit, I've seen this one guy on YouTube who covers stuff using only Native Instruments' FM8, and it's mindblowing how realistic his patches sound.

I know of a tracker for old Yamaha FM soundcards (or emulators of them), though, that probably'll do Genesis stuff. If not, there's a Genesis/Mega Drive soundchip emulation VST that could be used with, say, Renoise.

It's something I've wanted to do, but I don't really have the skill. Most people don't.
I love listen to 8 bit versions of metal songs because it sounds like epic pokemon battle music. It makes me want to listen to metal covers of 8 bit songs.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
I love listen to 8 bit versions of metal songs because it sounds like epic pokemon battle music. It makes me want to listen to metal covers of 8 bit songs.

Ever heard of The Advantage? They're not metal, but they do covers of old NES songs exclusively.

EDIT: There's also The Minibosses and The NESkimos.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Yeah I have, but those weren't covers of songs I knew.
Also one of the reasons I stopped playing pokemon is the music, that shit is the same all the way through.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!