so i've been trying to write music for a while, on electric guitar and acoustic etc.

i've always had a good collection of riffs, half made songs, almost finished songs, but never got to finish.

this summer i completed this sappy little acoustic jingle (i really like it though) that i can sing and play. this song was SUPPOSED to be for my girlfriend for our one year anniversary present, but i'm sort of carrying this resentment of her saying that i suck at music when we were fighting a while back.

i feel like cause she said that, she doesnt deserve a song by default, and i really like this song and if we ever broke up it would completely ruin it and i'd never be able to play it again.

what's your input? is it okay to give someone that satisfaction of knowing?

or should i tell her its not for her and use it to mack girls once i return to my college?
inb4 'I write poetry that's super depressing about my ex and I told her they're all about her, and tag her in every post. Tell her. It's flattering and it'll be flattering even after you break up.'
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Jun 15, 2011,
I write poetry that's super depressing about my ex and I told her they're all about her, and tag her in every post. Tell her. It's flattering and it'll be flattering even after you break up.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by shindig864

or should i tell her its not for her and use it to mack girls once i return to my college?

Kinda answered your own question there, huh?
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Last edited by iantheman at Jun 15, 2011,
I'm writing a song about how my ex is a bitch. Its titled "Always Miss You, However"

Her name is Amy :p
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
I'm writing a song about how my ex is a bitch. Its titled "Always Miss You, However"

Her name is Amy :p

she knows
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
So she told you you suck at music when you two were fighting?

Mate,

My EX-gf told me I'm not a musician when we broke up(I play all guitars, piano, drums, ocarina and play in 2 bands)
do it, she'll regret leaving you as no other fag in the world will write her songs

and youll make hundreds of more songs, and everytime increasing the level of them, so this song will be a piece of crap within a few months

in summary, do it
Quote by Zeletros
So she told you you suck at music when you two were fighting?

Mate,

My EX-gf told me I'm not a musician when we broke up(I play all guitars, piano, drums, ocarina and play in 2 bands)

Ocarina. Ocarina.

Man. To hell with your ex, that is so goddamn cool.
Well if that just don't put the pun back in capital punishment
Quote by Imptheshrimp
Ocarina. Ocarina.

Man. To hell with your ex, that is so goddamn cool.

Yeah..

I love my instruments, and ocarina too!
One of my bands newer songs is about my older brother who has become a weak pushover when it comes to his girlfriend. It's called Whipped. It's fun to play, and the lyrics are great, but should we tell him that it's about him? No, probably not.

Go for it, dude. Just play it to play it.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by blizzboy
One of my bands newer songs is about my older brother who has become a weak pushover when it comes to his girlfriend. It's called Whipped. It's fun to play, and the lyrics are great, but should we tell him that it's about him? No, probably not.

Go for it, dude. Just play it to play it.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...