Mine did this too, If i remember correctly it was because the battery was dead. Plug in a charger or put in a new battery.
and how would he put in a battery should he take the screws out?

EDIT: When the power supply is unplugged and he engages the pedal, it turns on and when he puts the supply back in while it is engaged the pedal goes off.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jun 15, 2011,
Is the adaptor right? A wrong adapter will allow the signal to flow when the pedal's not engaged, but when you do, it won't work. Happened to me today.
I see a couple problems it could be. Number 1 would be battery. If you can run it off of a battery, you at least know that it works. After that, if it doesn't work on the power source, there are a couple things it could be. The power adaptor could be wrong, it could be broken or the connection on the pedal could be broken.
Should be a battery door on the bottom of the pedal.

Sounds like there could possibly have been a short somewhere. It's possible the battery clip in there was touching the circuit board and one of the metal snaps was shorting across something. It's also possible there is a loose wire in there. EH's wire isn't very good and breaks really easy.