Hey guys,
most of you probably know the song head crusher of of megadeths latest album endgame.
here is the link just in case:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XurU3TPHjzY

if you move to 2:02 minutes in the video there is this part were dave palm mutes for a couple of seconds, that is the most perfect tone of palm muting i have ever heard!
I love the song but I dont really like its tone only the part which i mentioned,
is there any good way any of you could help me get that chunky, crunchy tone?

Thanks for all the help, i seriously do appreciate it
hey there .

have you tried tunning your guitar a half step down , or a full step ?
And by the way , it also help's if you only do down picks instead of alternate picking , stay heavy \m/
not a fan of that tone at all, super scratchy, no balls or low-end CHUG to it.
HOWEVER, I'd say cut the mids a fair bit, quite a bit of treb. and cut out a good chunk out of the bass to and pile on the gain.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
1. Plenty of gain
2. Very tight bass
3. All downpicked
4. Multitracked guitars
5. ???
6. Profit!
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
The mutes sound like a perfect fifth, possibly with the octave in it (Like 0-2-2-x-x-x-x) Just try varying degrees of palm muting and keep the mids up on your amp. As said before, turn your bass DOWN. You don't have to tune low to get a heavy tone like that. This basically sounds like the tone I get with my rig, and I just keep everything around noon with the bass down a notch or two, mids up a couple of notches, and the treble a little higher than my mids. Turn your gain down some as well.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jun 15, 2011,