I'm pretty much set on getting a whitebox 2x12. I've heard great things about the quality and the price is good. I originally wanted a 1x12 but the 2x12 is only a few inched bigger than my current cab and the extra speaker will be nice.

Now I need to decide if I'm going Eminence or Celestion. For Celestions the only option is V30s. Eminence has a few more, in the end the price is basically the same.

So, Eminence or Celestion? If Eminence, which ones would be best suited for heavy, sludgy metal? 16 or 8ohm?

Pairing this with my Blackstar HT-5 and Peavey VTM60.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Open or closed back?

Can you choose any eminence or from a certain list?

Have you been to the eminence site and used the tone finder?
Do you want a American voiced or British voiced speaker?
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I was thinking a Wizard with a Swamp Thang, to get the aggressive midrange of a British voiced speaker with the big low end and smoother top of an American voiced one. Not sure how well it will work, the Wizard is supposed to have a ton of low end, combined with the Swamp it may be too much.

Should I look more into combos of Eminence or are the v30s more what I need? Should I go 16 or 8 ohm? I'm not sure which will give me more wiring options, does it even matter really?

EDIT:
Quote by Grawgos
Open or closed back?

Its convertible back, so not an issue.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I use a swamp thang, closed back blackheart 1x12 and the bass is not overpowering or muddy. It should pair well with a wizard.
Quote by Grawgos
I use a swamp thang, closed back blackheart 1x12 and the bass is not overpowering or muddy. It should pair well with a wizard.

That's good to hear.

They don't offer the lil texas, thanks for the suggestion though.

The only other issue is whether to go 16 or 8 ohm, either will work for my amps.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Alright, I'll order it tomorrow. Whitebox 2x12 w/ 8ohm Wizard and Swamp Thang.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Quote by robertito696
Alright, I'll order it tomorrow. Whitebox 2x12 w/ 8ohm Wizard and Swamp Thang.

don't make the mistake I did. I ordered two 8 ohm speakers thinking my cab would be 8ohm I got it and it was 16ohms and my amp didn't have that so I had to rewire the speakers to 4ohms parallel.
With 8 ohm speakers I can wire them in series, for 16 ohms, and parallel for 4, both very usable. With 16 ohm speakers I really only get parallel at 8ohms, as 32ohm series is useless, for me.

Edit: ^Just realized you have a whitebox 2x12
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Last edited by robertito696 at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by robertito696
With 8 ohm speakers I can wire them in series, for 16 ohms, and parallel for 4, both very usable. With 16 ohm speakers I really only get parallel at 8ohms, as 32ohm series is useless, for me.

Oh is 16ohms fairly standard? I've only ever owned 1 nice amp (my mark IV) and it only has an 8ohm and two 4ohms.

Edit: ^Just realized you have a whitebox 2x12

it's a beast.
I just went with V30s and I'm satisfied.
I have a Redcoat and a Swamp Thang in my 2x12. Sounds great.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by Ignite
Oh is 16ohms fairly standard? I've only ever owned 1 nice amp (my mark IV) and it only has an 8ohm and two 4ohms.

Both of my amps only have 16 and 8ohm outs so I would assume so.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers