I'm thinking about getting some new pickups for my Squier Affinity Strat. Any suggestions?
Budget:$50-$70
I play a wide variety of music from metal to contemporary.
Thanks in advance.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Check out any of the GFS pickups. They are awesome. They have some audio samples on their site, I think, and there are good video reviews on YouTube for most of their pickups.
Quote by katalyzt13
Check out any of the GFS pickups. They are awesome. They have some audio samples on their site, I think, and there are good video reviews on YouTube for most of their pickups.

Yes. GFS is the best you will probably find on that restricted a budget. They are solid pickups. If you could save more, Fender makes some vintage noiseless Strat pickups that look nice. I have considered putting them in my Squier Strat. Just a thought, though.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by katalyzt13

There's so many of them. How do I know which ones to get?
And how much do they improve your tone?
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 15, 2011,
Depends on the sound you are looking for really. They should have a description of what sound each Pup is meant for
I play all kinds of different music. Which ones do I get then? I saw some gfs pickups called rail pickups. What's the difference between rail pickups and conventional pickups?
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 15, 2011,
rails use rails instead of having a pole underneath each string. Its nice from the perspective that you dont have to worry about lining up the poles perfectly under the strings.

dont quote me on this, but rails I think generally have a flatter frequency curve. good for high gain applications.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"