Hey guys, I know that everyone has a different taste and all but I need a little help on what guitar to pick, my options now are either a Gibson (NOT EPIPHONE) Les Paul Studio or an Ibanez RG Prestige...the Ibanez seems pretty sweet but I think that it's too metal or too "shredder" to me, I play a mix of heavy metal/hard rock/blues rock...kinda like the the tone of Rush and Led Zeppelin too. But anyways I got offered those two used guitars for 600 bucks from a close friend of mine and now I am in doubt. So what do you guys think? (you can suggest another brand if you prefer)
Get the Gibson. You won't regret it, and you stand in the future situation of saying "man.. Why didn't I buy that Gibson when I had the cash?". You won't say the same thing about an ibanez.
Quote by cheesecakes4
Get the Gibson. You won't regret it, and you stand in the future situation of saying "man.. Why didn't I buy that Gibson when I had the cash?". You won't say the same thing about an ibanez.

You've obviously never played a Prestige model. Pure sex.
Ibanez! Some of them look like theyre just for metal, but they have crystal cleans!
Play them.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Try them out. Pick which one works for you young one.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Just try both of them out. Both are pretty good instruments, so its not really a question about quality... but rather more of which you would prefer.

Just note that both instruments can be quite different. To start with, they're both different of weights and different tonewoods, which significantly impact the tonal characteristic of the guitar. The Gibby will be darker, while the Ibanez will be more middy.

Next, the feel of both will be quite different. The neck of the RG wil be slimmer, while the Gibson is inherently thicker. Some people prefer a paper thin neck for fast passages. However, I find that some width on the neck actually helps me play better and faster.

At this point, assuming both are in good condition, try both and pick the one you feel the most comfortable with, and the one with the sound you prefer more. IMO, its really more about feel and sound at this point.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
The Les Paul Studio is fantastic value for money, it sounds great and is quite cheap for a gibson. GET IT, it beats the shit out of the ibanez
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Schecter C1 Standard
Maton EM325C
The LTD is probably gonna be worse than both the prestige and the studio.

Do you know the exact model of the Ibanez?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Any specs. If the Gibson has an Ebony neck then go for it. Its the best thing on my studio. Super smooth.
Quote by cheesecakes4

Rubbish the only reason to get that Gibson is flip it to something that isn't a piece of shit.
Les Paul Studios are rubbish you're buying a $400-500 guitar with a $300 head stock.

An ESP EC-1000 or Prestige Ibanez are 20 times the guitars that a Les Paul studio will ever dream of being.

Get a real $800 guitar and buy an ESP EC-1000
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Get the Prestige man, you could probably play anything on it.
you're a stone fox