bulls on parade by RAge a gainst the machine has a decent funk/hard rock style rhythm to it, with very few chords changes allowing you to focus specifically on rhythm...

also alot of hendrix has a funk like feel.

what kind of music do you typcally play? sometimes taking chords and finding a different voicing for the chord can help you in your quest for certian genres for example:

were gonna work with Cmaj

e|-0-|
b|-1-|
g|-0-|
d|-2-|
a|-3-|
e|-0-|

e|---|
b|-5-|
g|-5-|
d|-5-|
a|---|
e|---|

e|-15-|
b|-17-|
g|-17-|
d|----|
a|----|
e|----|

e|-8--|
b|-8--|
g|-9--|
d|-10-|
a|-10-|
e|-8--|

e|-3-|
b|-5-|
g|-5-|
d|-5-|
a|-3-|
e|-3-|

e|-8-|
b|-8-|
g|-5-|
d|-5-|
a|-7-|
e|-0-|

there are many more voicings these are just a few but play through each one and you will see that they all sound like the same chord, yet they all have a very different feel.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Quote by 2112/3
i usually play prog. coheed, rush, tool, etc. but i want to play some stuff that isnt prog

then I'd say check out RATM and the chili peppers.... both of them are not too far from what you already listen to and they both use an awful lot of funk style rhythm...
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
As far as rhythm goes, I would definitely look into RHCP for funk and for rock, go for Guns 'N Roses. Stradlin is a hell of a rhythm player.
Quote by 2112/3
i want to play some stuff that isnt prog

Now why in the hell would you want to do that??

Anyway, try some ska/reggae. The guitar work is simple, but everything is off-beat. You'll gain a lot more perspective on your rhythmic attack by playing like this. I'm not a big reggae listener, but for ska, try Reel Big Fish and Sublime. I'm playing "A Little Doubt Goes A Long Way" by RBF and "Santeria" by Sublime.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.