I just graduated from highschool a couple of weeks ago, and my grandma wants to get me an Esteban acoustic as a gift. NO!!! I don't play grandpas guitars. Only when there is no electric within a twenty miles radius will I touch an acoustic out of desperation. I mean, I guess having an acoustic around could be cute? But I'd much rather have something that's more suited for my rockstar lifestyle, like pedals, a cab/head, or a new electric. On top of that I know nothing about the Esteban guitars.

Would it be worth owning? If not, how can I convince my grandma I don't want this/to get me something else without breaking her heart?
Just explain to her that you would love to have it but explain to her why an electric would be better for what you wanna play I guess.
Those Esteban guitars are very low quality, convince her to buy you a better acoustic or to set aside money for a better one.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Those Esteban guitars are very low quality, convince her to buy you a better acoustic or to set aside money for a better one.

Thats just it, I dt know a thing about acoustics. Never looked into them. I wouldn't know what a better acoustic is.
Lol you shouldn't have that attitude about acoustics in general because they can convey a whole different side of music an electric never could. But anyway, yeah just talk to her I'm sure she'd be willing to get you something else you actually want if she was gonna spend the money anyway. Good luck =)
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Noooooooooooooooooooo.....................................................
Nooooooooooooooooooooo.........................................................

*Slow motion Noooooooooooooooooooooooo*

*High pitched sped up No*

If your getting an Acoustic, atleast get a kick-ass Ovation.
Is your granny a guitar player even?
Her style of music probally won't even include distortion.
Simple strums over swing... OH ITS LES PAUL AND CHUCK BERRY!!!!!!
Choook Borry.
Yeh.

Ovation. Ovation yeh.
I can shred an ovation. So I'd edge your granny into getting you a sick matt black Ovation.
OVAATION.

*High pitched Ovation slowed down*

The end of this post!

*High pitched YOOOHHH BOOOOYYY sound with flanger*.

*Random sound effect*
METAL!
The main reason why I dislike acoustics is because there are a million kids in this town who carry around acoustics and just look at them. Pretend Players like that turned me off to acoustics. I may have over-exaggerated how much I dislike them. I used to own a Spanish acoustic that was very near and dear to me, but I don't focus my attention on them as much as I would focus on an electric.

I just really don't want my grandma to spend her money on something I may never use. Especially if it's low quality. She's just trying to be supportive of my musical interests, but doesn't know how to.
Last edited by robertsanidiot at Jun 15, 2011,
those guitars are super garbage. Esteban isnt even a real musician.

dont let her waste her money on that pile of shit
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Quote by Ultraussie
Noooooooooooooooooooo.....................................................
Nooooooooooooooooooooo.........................................................

*Slow motion Noooooooooooooooooooooooo*

*High pitched sped up No*

If your getting an Acoustic, atleast get a kick-ass Ovation.
Is your granny a guitar player even?
Her style of music probally won't even include distortion.
Simple strums over swing... OH ITS LES PAUL AND CHUCK BERRY!!!!!!
Choook Borry.
Yeh.

Ovation. Ovation yeh.
I can shred an ovation. So I'd edge your granny into getting you a sick matt black Ovation.
OVAATION.

*High pitched Ovation slowed down*

The end of this post!

*High pitched YOOOHHH BOOOOYYY sound with flanger*.

*Random sound effect*

YouTube poop? O_O

Ovation, I think I've heard of those before. Never looked into them though.. *google*
Quote by robertsanidiot
YouTube poop? O_O

Ovation, I think I've heard of those before. Never looked into them though.. *google*

Never? They are sweet guitars... even their entry levels are very nice.

Dude, I know you're excited about graduating and stuff, but if you're gonna be given a present, either accept it for what it is, or just tell your grandma you appreciate the thought, but feel that she has better use for the money.

Its kinda rude to tell them that you don't like their gift idea.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by robertsanidiot
The main reason why I dislike acoustics is because there are a million kids in this town who carry around acoustics and just look at them. Pretend Players like that turned me off to acoustics. .

just be awesome and be one of the kids who can actually play
I was just told they don't sell them anymore or something, and now she's looking into Gibson acoustics. Now this I seriously have to stop, I went on the website and o think the cheapest one I saw was like two grand, and I can't have her spend that much on me, I'll feel terrible.
Quote by redandwhite12
just be awesome and be one of the kids who can actually play

When I was in highschool and I would see some douche carry one around just for the attention, I would take it out of their hands and shred something mean on it. I felt bad for that guitar. I didn't want to be the one to pop it's cherry, but someone had to.
Quote by robertsanidiot
I was just told they don't sell them anymore or something, and now she's looking into Gibson acoustics. Now this I seriously have to stop, I went on the website and o think the cheapest one I saw was like two grand, and I can't have her spend that much on me, I'll feel terrible.

Dude... 2 grand?

If she's really insistent, have you pointed her to the Ovations? They're a fraction of the price.

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/ovation

Hey, if you want something metal, you could even look at the Mick Thompson sig.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
That's where I've heard of them. Micks ovation looks like a grandpas guitar I could appreciate. I doubt she'd pay 2k for anything for me, but I don't want to take that chance either. I don't really need anything from her, but if she insists on getting me something I'll bring up the ovations.

Happen to know the price on the Mick Thompson sig?
Prices on the Musician's Friend site.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
First off don't have your grandma by you an Esteban, mainly because they are terrible wastes of wood. Second, appreciate the fact that your grandma actually supports your interest in playing guitar before sounding like a stuck up brat.
Whoa whoa WHOA dude, let's not jump to conclusions. I don't understand why everybody is just assuming I'm being all ungrateful about this. I never once told her, "hey grams I know you're trying to be helpful here but f*ck off, cause your taste sucks"

I heard she wanted get me a guitar, and I said "tell I said thanks so much, that's sweet of her"
You said yourself, Estebans suck, so I'm just trig to help her help me. I don't really want her to spend her money on me, but she's a grandmother, it's what they do whether we like it or not. I'm just trying to make sure neither of us get ripped off. You don't have to call me a brat -_-