Would you say this is the most transparent compressor around?

I started cheap with an mxr custom comp. I love what a compressor can do, but I hear too much of a squash. I love the tone of my amp, just need the added sustain in some situations and I feel like a compressor could benefit the clean tone alot as well.
I gots one. It's very good. Very little noise, very transparent. I can't compare it to others as I've not had a chance to try some of the good ones first hand but it's a great unobtrusive compressor.

To quote Johnny Marr, because I like doing that "this pedal saved my tone"
If all you want is sustain, the Mad Professor FGC CB is a better option IMO. It messes with the attack a bit less. The Diamond is a true compressor in that it limits peaks quite noticeably in addition to adding sustain.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
If all you want is sustain, the Mad Professor FGC CB is a better option IMO. It messes with the attack a bit less. The Diamond is a true compressor in that it limits peaks quite noticeably in addition to adding sustain.

Awesome. What would you pay for one?
I paid $150 for mine used. They tend to go for that +/- $10 on TGP, though they don't pop up very often.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
I paid $150 for mine used. They tend to go for that +/- $10 on TGP, though they don't pop up very often.

I'm seeing one for around that price. How is the actual compressor? I still would like to use compression for some things but would probably keep it on the sustain switch most often
The compressor is pretty nice. It messes with the attack about as much as the Diamond but it doesn't limit peaks nearly as hard, so I wouldn't use it if you do a lot of popping and the like. It's a tad bit noisier at higher compression levels too, though still much better than something like a Ross clone.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT