i have a dean razorback w/ a licensed floyd rose. i've had it for about 2 months and today i noticed that when i push the whammy bar down and then pull up the springs make this clicking noise right when i start pulling up. i have 3 springs going diagonal being close together opposite the bridge. i took off the back plate and listened closer and the sound seemed to be coming from where the springs attach opposite the bridge. is this bad? how do i fix it? and btw i got it tuned 2.5 steps down about 3 weeks ago but it hasnt started making noise until today.
I think it's probably normal, just the springs shifting/compressing.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by nitestick
I think it's probably normal, just the springs shifting/compressing.
Um, no. A properly set up Floyd doesn't make any noise. None of the round part of the spring should touch the guitar body, claw or block anywhere thru any part of the trem motion or it will bind and shift around making noise.
also on cheap floyds you could potentially hear clinking from a chewed up non hardened baseplate (not sure i am on 100% with proper term here) on the floyd shifting on the post. i have seen it before.

that is less likely though however than you needing to get it set up.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by BobDetroit
Um, no. A properly set up Floyd doesn't make any noise. None of the round part of the spring should touch the guitar body, claw or block anywhere thru any part of the trem motion or it will bind and shift around making noise.

this is completely not true..
my charvel san dimas set completly perfect but if i push the bar all the way down then eventually the spring hits the wood inside and makes a clicking sound. you will hit the block if you just push you're floyd down enough theres no way to avoid that except for putting like a cloth underneath the springs. or sanding the edge smooth.
Probably the spring moving around on the claw, from the sound of it.
Licensed Floyds tend to have some parts deteriorate quicker - if you can find a new spring claw then by all means, but a little cleaning, oiling and setting it up will work wonders.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My SV-II makes the same noise before I switched to noiseless springs.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!