I have a Bluesbreaker 2x12 combo and a Fender DRRI.

Needless to say, the gain and smoothness of the BBreaker is unmatched.

But on the other hand, the cleanness and reverb of the Fender is unmatched in that regard.

Is this something I should take advantage of? Haha. I've been playing blues and rock for almost twenty years, but I can't help feeling like this SHOULDN'T HAPPEN; Like all-tube Marshalls and all-tube Fenders shalt ne'er be mixed.

It can't hurt to try. So my question is, A/B/Y switch? Some kind of splitter? Splitter-cable? The DRRI only has EXT. SPKR jack and the four inputs, and the Marshall has the same (as well as an OHM selector switch).

Could there be a use to these EXT jacks? I know good tone, but not always how to get it. I'm naiive only because I'm cautious with these machines; wouldn't want to short one out or do something wrong.

And now I turn to you experts.
i'm not sure what you are actually asking?

Do you want to use these amps together and just switch between them like switching amp channels? If so then all you need is an A/B/Y siwtch. you guitar goes into the Y, the A and B go into the input of your amp.

The EXT SPKR jacks are only used to connect external speaker cabinets to the amp. never daisy chain amps from the ext speaker out to the next amps input, this will blow it up.

Do you want to play both amps at the same time? if so there are plenty of ways to do it. it can be as simple as using a stereo pedal and plugging the stereo outs into the inputs of the amps.

Playing those two amps in stereo would sound brilliant imo. they both cover different frequencies well and your will sound nice and full.
I think it's an A/B/Y switch that's required here....

Fire both up with one or hit the switch and select either/or.

That combination would sound great in stereo. Maybe with a little analogue delay on the Fender. Only a fraction, though. And have them placed a good few feet apart.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
I think it's an A/B/Y switch that's required here....

Fire both up with one or hit the switch and select either/or.

That combination would sound great in stereo. Maybe with a little analogue delay on the Fender. Only a fraction, though. And have them placed a good few feet apart.

pretty much that dude

you'll be in your own little tonal bliss

and they are combos so that makes it easier