Anybody have some tips as to what I should expect as far as maintenance/reliability as soon as I get it in 2 days from UPS? Everybody says these things are a pain in the butt, but I think it'll be worth it later on once I get used to it.
You really just need to practice re-stringing and tuning quickly and efficiently
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
I think it depends on what Flyod Rose.

I own 2 OFR guitars (3 years old each) and 1 LFR guitar (10 years old). I don't do any maintenance at all.

In fact, when I change string, I take all the strings off at once, before putting new ones on.

Haven't had any problems so far.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
It's a "Licensed Floyd Rose" according to rondomusic. I'm really excited about getting this, and if I am pleased with what I get i'm going to save up for one of the awesome looking Agile Reapers on rondo.

Also... how difficult is it to restring/tune this thing before locking it up? Should I get someone to do it for me the first time or should I just try to do it myself?
I just restrung my first Floyd about an hour ago, and it's an interesting experience for sure. Look up a couple guides on Youtube to get the gist of it. Remember two things: Don't unscrew the screws that hold the string at the bridge all the way, just enough to get the string in and out, and you don't have to tune it to perfection before you lock it. Locking it throws it off a little, so just get it close. Not like C# if you're going for D, but don't worry about getting all of them exactly pitch perfect.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Look up guides, do it yourself... If you screw it up take it to someone.
Just do them 1 at a time for the most part and if your changing string guage chances are you will need to reset the bridge etc. (Hence guides)
On a floydd bridge you can change a hell of alot more than say a tune o matic etc. and there's alot more going on than most other bridges.
Restringing it is cake, tuning it up is a little tricky to get it perfectly balanced, you just gotta play with the springs in the back to get it right. One piece of advice ill tell you that i wish someone woulda told me when i got my first floyd style bridge, when you go to adjust the action, make sure you release the tension on the strings before turning the posts. Otherwise the knife edges are gonna be ground down and it wont stay in tune for more than 5 seconds.
I think the issues are taken out of proportion. They're not that difficult as long as you understand how they work. Once set up they'll work. I have a really "crappy" knock off FR (not even licensed) and it worked pretty well...up until I snapped the bar lol. I really didn't have any issues at all once I'd balanced the bridge. The only other problems you'll run into are wear and tear but that's to be expected.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Hopefully it's set up out of the box so I don't have to worry about it for another few months until I change the strings..
Quote by Thrillz
One piece of advice ill tell you that i wish someone woulda told me when i got my first floyd style bridge, when you go to adjust the action, make sure you release the tension on the strings before turning the posts. Otherwise the knife edges are gonna be ground down and it wont stay in tune for more than 5 seconds.

I appreciate the help but... I have no idea what you just said O_o

I'm still a guitar noob :/ Maybe i'll understand it after i've watched a few walkthrough videos on these things.