http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2655/5838053636_d06d0eb016_m.jpg

to tune from B standard to Drop A (want to learn a Nile song) and then back to b stan. without the other strings going out of tune and the bridge position getting messed up? would i tune down the low B the regular way by unlocking the nut or with the fine tuners?

this is my second guitar and my 1st one didnt have a FR so pardon me if i seem really stupid lol
I don't think so, but the picture isnt very clear on what you're doing.

This should do the trick.

Just set it up to where the fine tuners can drop the B to an A and just lock/unlock it whenever you want. Thats what I use to go from standard to drop D. I reserve super low tunings for non Tremolo equipped guitars.
Where's Waldo?
i thought you were supposed to block the tremolo with something so that all the other strings tunings and the bridge dont get messed up which i dont know how to fix..
You should really learn how to set it up. It's not really all that hard. And then you won't have to pay a whole lot of money just to tune the guitar.

EDIT: But in answer to the question, yes if you block the bridge then you could unlock the nut and just tune down to drop A like "normal". How you go about blocking it is up to you, tremel-no is good (I've heard), some people just use solid objects like a well cut piece of wood and wedge it under the bridge, though I don't know how safe it is to leave it like that. I think people usually do it for re-stringing purposes.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Last edited by VVolverin3 at Jun 15, 2011,
Quote by VVolverin3
You should really learn how to set it up. It's not really all that hard. And then you won't have to pay a whole lot of money just to tune the guitar.

EDIT: But in answer to the question, yes if you block the bridge then you could unlock the nut and just tune down to drop A like "normal". How you go about blocking it is up to you, tremel-no is good (I've heard), some people just use solid objects like a well cut piece of wood and wedge it under the bridge, though I don't know how safe it is to leave it like that. I think people usually do it for re-stringing purposes.

i want to learn to set it up by myself but if i try to and something goes wrong with my thousand dollar guitar i wont be able to fix it. my family has like no money anymore. everything i had went into this guitar..

im completely at the mercy of my guitar and amp because if something happens to one of them im completely f*cked...
Quote by VVolverin3

A trem no is the most expensive way to do that. just use five springs and a chunk of word works better and it's way cheaper
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
^ Well yeah, I didn't say it was the cheapest, but it's an option.

Quote by deathmetalkid13
i want to learn to set it up by myself but if i try to and something goes wrong with my thousand dollar guitar i wont be able to fix it. my family has like no money anymore. everything i had went into this guitar..

im completely at the mercy of my guitar and amp because if something happens to one of them im completely f*cked...

Fair enough mate. But a guitar like that should be reasonably safe to play with, if you read through all the FR set up guides that are in the stickied pages of these forums and are careful you should be totally fine. The biggest danger would simply be a string breaking or something like that.

As another tip, though I don't know how valuable, perhaps try talking to your aforementioned guitar tech. Ask if they'll help you learn to set it up, or just chat to them in general, try to get a few tips out of it or something? Most guitar stores near me are full of really friendly people happy to talk about things like that because they themselves are guitarists.

But otherwise, carefully read through the FR set up topics like I said, they really are good and are there for people like yourself who are new or unsure as to how to work with locking trem.

Good luck.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by Willowthewitch
A trem no is the most expensive way to do that. just use five springs and a chunk of word works better and it's way cheaper

but would it work if i blocked the trem with something lying around in the house like clothes pins like i showed in the picture?
Quote by deathmetalkid13
but would it work if i blocked the trem with something lying around in the house like clothes pins like i showed in the picture?

Yep it will, most people use a square 9V battery.
Quote by m33sta
Yep it will, most people use a square 9V battery.

the 9v battery is too big though