I'm about to get the BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone Distortion pedal, but I am looking for an amp that it would sound best through.

This is the ONLY pedal I really would need to get the tone I am looking for and SOO much more, which means this is the only pedal I even need so I don't have, or want, any other pedals. I am wondering about maybe an amp that would be nice to put that tone to so I can get that face-melting tone PLUS that extra kick in the nuts!!!!! You know what I mean?

I've got a Marshall Valvestate 15 (No Reverb) that I am looking to trade for some other amp that's about the same size (maybe smaller) that can give me the effects I need though the Bypass so I can toggle through a 1 Channel amp.

I don't have much to spend on one (that's why I was looking to trade in) so I was hoping to find one with a nice tone for the money. I have maybe $100 and maybe more after the fourth, but I don't know what would sound good for the cash.

I LOOVE people's opinion on this kind of thing and this time, it would help out. Anyone who wants to put in their two cents please do so because I've got enough to worry about to think for myself for the summer and I would like to get this right the first time because I don't have the cash to spend on mistakes this time around.

Thanks -Nick

P.S: I've got a Dean guitar with a Mahogany Les Paul style finish (NOT the EVO [XM]) if it helps
I use a marshall mg30fx. I think it sounds reasonable. Idk how
Much they would cost you though.
We could be more helpful if you gave us a budget. I wouldn't buy a metalzone because they are blah at best.
tl;dr

Sell amp, save cash, get extra cash.

Get better amp.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
+1 on metalzone being junk , it sounds like a can of bees. Mine has been relegated for use as a door stop!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Metal zone and Marshall MG in the same post?

Me smells a troll.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
There's a couple of nice amps under 200 bucks that take pedals well; however, such a rig is in 99% of cases inferior to an amp that's purpose-made for high-gain. Seeing as decent high-gain amps are available under 500 bucks new by now (and used stuff is yet another story), I don't really see a point in what you're trying to do here.

On top of that, the MT2 is a really terrible pedal. Inexperienced players like it because "OMG ITZ SO BROOTAL", but having gain up the wazoo isn't a substitute for good tone. Given a couple months of playing, you'll hate that thing. Christ, most people hate it within minutes.
Well I like the Metalzone because it has the EQ settings on it but I am just wondering what would be the pest pedal to get for the cash because I should have about $150 or so total plus maybe trade in for the amp. I am hoping for a pedal that's probably as much or less than the MT-2 pricewise because I could go get a brand new one for $75 at Guitar Center (mainly because I am looking for a way to get rid of my FAB. I may be very new to tones, but JEEZ the thing would kill even newbies with the tone and the buzzing >.<. Thinking about a DS-1 because I don't want to put all my cash towards a pedal if I am going to get an amp that's WELL worth the trade plus the more cash I can u se towards a better one. HOPEFULLY I can find a pedal with the distortion I need without all the extra stuff I wouldn't need thanks to the amp effects (Like Reverb, who would want a pedal for Reverb anyhow?)
Quote by losing battle
We could be more helpful if you gave us a budget. I wouldn't buy a metalzone because they are blah at best.

Budgetwise, I'm looking at $150 plus the trade in for he amp (which I know a guy who would give me another $150 towards a new amp for it) so I am unsure what to get. I'm debating a Roland Cube (maybe a 15 or 30, for it's compact size) because I have played on it a couple times and I think it's pretty damn sweet with all it's effects thus cutting the need for a million pedals that would cost a fortune for me to only use on little occasion
Sounds like you need a Peavey Vypyr. It's a modelling amp, but it's good at what it does. I think you can a get used one for about $300.
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
Quote by TheQuailman
I don't really see a point in what you're trying to do here.

I agree. I used to own the metal zone and it is more for beginners. There is no point in buying an amp to suit it. Should be the opposite, get a pedal for the amp you want. Krank and Blackstar make heavy metal amps for about US$500 that would suit your needs better. I understand your point of view, having been there before. But now I agree with others here that a good tube amp voiced for your style is worth a thousand pedals.
Quote by FreeHugs330

This is the ONLY pedal I really would need to get the tone I am looking for

yeah if you want to sound like a bee in a jam jar i'd recommend it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm just thinking about getting a Roland Cube because it would kill the need for ANY pedals, and the price can't be beat with all the effects you can get from one machine.
just got a vypyr and don't bother with any pedals
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I sold my metal zone for $35 on ebay. It's not a terrible pedal, but the EQ on it makes it somewhat difficult to get a good tone. If you can EQ it properly, you can get a decent metal tone pretty cheap.

Obviously it will be inferior to a $500 amp, but if you are on a budget it is not a bad choice.
Please don't get a Metalzone TS.
Quote by smokedhamtaro
I use a marshall mg30fx. I think it sounds reasonable. Idk how
Much they would cost you though.
Don't get this either.
Quote by Bidley
Sounds like you need a Peavey Vypyr. It's a modelling amp, but it's good at what it does. I think you can a get used one for about $300.
Do get this though. Bidley knows.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jun 19, 2011,
Quote by FreeHugs330
I'm just thinking about getting a Roland Cube because it would kill the need for ANY pedals, and the price can't be beat with all the effects you can get from one machine.

yeah that'd work. the 40x is better, though, so try to get up to that one (or the older 30w model which has similar features).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?