So they're making a whole album with Lou Reed. Interesting to say the least, though I don't find it very promising for some reason.

What are your thoughts TEH PIT?
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
we'll see what happens
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
yeah i love metallica (up to the black album tho), this doesnt interest me at all. i really wish theyd do one last album and really get a master of puppets or ...AJFA feel and sound to it.
^ Music has to move forward, not stay the same. I think they should add a member permanently but someone we wont expect, like Bill Frisell
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
^ Music has to move forward, not stay the same. I think they should add a member permanently but someone we wont expect, like Bill Frisell

they have moved forward (if u wanna call load, reload, st. anger and death magnetic moving "forward" but thats opinion) but one last throwback old school metallica album would be nice and dedicate it to cliff. but james voice will never sound like it did back then tho.

it would be interesting to have joe satriani join the band or work with them on an album (cept hes tied up with solo work and chickenfoot) but thatd be interesting to see a teacher and student aspect (between joe and kirk) and to see how their styles would work together
Last edited by ampoverload at Jun 16, 2011,
Why the hell would Lou Reed decide to do that? You would think that he would have learned that they aren't right for each other when they played together at that one show.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by ampoverload
they have moved forward (if u wanna call load, reload, st. anger and death magnetic moving "forward" but thats opinion) but one last throwback old school metallica album would be nice and dedicate it to cliff. but james voice will never sound like it did back then tho.

IMO, James' voice sounds better now that he's older. He has a very unique voice. I think if they went back, and re-recorded a sort of "best of" album. That would be pretty wicked.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
IMO, James' voice sounds better now that he's older. He has a very unique voice. I think if they went back, and re-recorded a sort of "best of" album. That would be pretty wicked.

that would be interesting. yeah his voice has definitely changed nad is unique, it matches the kinda music they're doin now but for the thrash old school stuff i think his younger voice was better for that imo.
Quote by Koshman32

i srsly dont believe metallica are in a 'best of' stage...i mean....death magnetic might be disappointing in many many ways...but it was also a recovery from the 'low' of st.anger....i think they should go forward as they are...and as for sounding like master of puppets or justice, cut these guys some slack...theyve kinda been doing a lot since 30 years...imo, they should take a hiatus, just one or two years, and then come back with fresh ideas..
Quote by ampoverload

it would be interesting to have joe satriani join the band or work with them on an album (cept hes tied up with solo work and chickenfoot) but thatd be interesting to see a teacher and student aspect (between joe and kirk) and to see how their styles would work together

Satch would be awesome, but I don't think it should be a metal person, it should be someone in jazz like Bill Frisell or reggae like Peter Tosh
you're a stone fox
Quote by OsmanAli
i srsly dont believe metallica are in a 'best of' stage...i mean....death magnetic might be disappointing in many many ways...but it was also a recovery from the 'low' of st.anger....i think they should go forward as they are...and as for sounding like master of puppets or justice, cut these guys some slack...theyve kinda been doing a lot since 30 years...imo, they should take a hiatus, just one or two years, and then come back with fresh ideas..

im not saying every album from now on should be old school sounding tho. i just hope that before they call it quits for good (which could be in 10+ years or in 2- years, who knows) that they do a album that goes back to their roots. i'd love to see them collaborate with some other great musicians like satriani or petrucci (the lou reed thing just doesnt excite me) or hell maybe even get together with some kind of great pianist.
Spolier: It's going to blow.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by Saint78
Satch would be awesome, but I don't think it should be a metal person, it should be someone in jazz like Bill Frisell or reggae like Peter Tosh

true. they should do like a multi disc album where they just collaborate with all different types of musicians where with each musician they do a couple songs. That'd be sweet. something with bob dylan would be pretty cool also
Quote by ampoverload
true. they should do like a multi disc album where they just collaborate with all different types of musicians where with each musician they do a couple songs. That'd be sweet. something with bob dylan would be pretty cool also

Or cover a bunch of songs by dead musicians. Like a Heaven (or hell?) Garage Inc.
you're a stone fox
I'm not even a Metallica fan (hell, I had no clue who Lou Reed was until I googled him) but I can already tell this is gonna suck.

+1 on a collaboration album with big names like Satch, Petrucci and Vai.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by Koshman32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZOfx3vSh_o&NR=1

when it gets to them actually playin hit the lights the old thrash sound with james current voice actually sounds pretty sick

this one is pretty sick too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDZ3Neho0Qs&NR=1
Last edited by ampoverload at Jun 16, 2011,
Can I kick it oooohhhh yeeaahh?
Take a walk on the WIIILLD SIIIDEEEOOHHHHYEEAAHH
*Fuel pentatonic riff
OOOHHHH YEAH

MADLY IN ANGER WITH THE....

*Hi-hat 1-2-3-4

Wiilld siide.... doo do doo do doo doo doo (UUUHHHH YEEEAyah)

Wild side...

*Kirk Hammet solo over stadium drum beat (bassist is crab walking errwhere)

AAAAHHHHH YYEYEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH (firework finale)

...silence....

(Tribe called Quest beat fade out with Kirk solo fading out too)

Oh god I can't wait siiick.
Okay.
Now Metallica are now truly, most washed up band ever.
I hope Metallica NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER REALEASED THIS BULLSHIT WIUTH LOU REED AGGAGSAUYBASIK GJYT IUYAS BGYUDSA AGSYUTSANGFAIUYS AYAGBASUIY SAAGIUYANAIUS NBGASJK NSAKGSAIONS NBV SAHMSG BVGSHJKN SBGMHM SADN<MBA GJKAHSHNGA<MJJK<NMHJKLHSNKHNBGKUNHGG NJHGHNJH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!H njiuadshbkhiloasjlndijhy nilh nbjh jnjhBHVSAUGDDSA G

FUCIIKJTGY NLOUY REED AGDHSAGJDSKB AKLLOU REED DSAJGUHDSANHJ HOHIKJOGK KIOY REEDASRARDEDEDEEDDEEDEDEDELOUREEDISGAYDKSAJIUHDSKNSAILJOUIODKLIJMSAFILDASNUIPSJHFIUAHIHASPDIILIKEPIEZMOAUSDJFNDASOKFHMSAJLOFDNCUMANHJUDSNYSM FSIUAYLJFUIADSHFBKUAIFHIAUDKFAIESJNMESAOEIISTILLLIKEPIEAJKMHSHDMNKAJSDMNHJ wtf JIHSAOJDISAUKMIDSO i HATE lOUD rEED !!!!

That's what I think of Lou Reed's colab with Metallica.
METAL!
Lou Reed is awesome.
Metallica is not. At all.

That's all I have to contribute to this thread.

Actually one more thing

Quote by mtshark
I'm not even a Metallica fan (hell, I had no clue who Lou Reed was until I googled him) but I can already tell this is gonna suck.

+1 on a collaboration album with big names like Satch, Petrucci and Vai.

Lou Reed is a bigger name than all of them. I personally would rather listen to Metal Machine Music 10 times in a row that listen to one Steve Vai song.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Last edited by Lots O' FX at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by Lots O' FX
Lou Reed is a bigger name than all of them. I personally would rather listen to Metal Machine Music 10 times in a row that listen to one Steve Vai song.

I'm just spitting out names, mainly based on what was already said. Plus it doesnt even have to be metal names. I'd love to see musicians from all different genres play. But oh well, I doubt that will happen, I'm just rambling...
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by Lots O' FX
Lou Reed is awesome.
Metallica is not. At all.

That's all I have to contribute to this thread.

Actually one more thing

I fucking love you.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by nincompoop
Collaborating with a 70-year-old musician... good job, guys. :/

What does his age have to do with anything? Lou is a much better musician than any of them could ever dream of being.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by Spartan101400
I think that I"m psyched for the new Mastodon album.

this
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
What does his age have to do with anything? Lou is a much better musician than any of them could ever dream of being.

Well, it doesn't matter that much. But it's just a continuing trend of Metallica going into a downward spiral of irrelevancy. I'm not saying Lou Reed is irrelevant. You're right that he's way better than the Metallica guys, but I mean... this would've been way cooler, what, 20 years ago or more?
I'm so ****ing excited. No joke.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE