I'm fixing up an old POS guitar with a strat-style trem, and I decided to just replace the trem, but then the question arose as to what is the best option for a replacement?
Quote by whitenihilist
Asada is schooling Playmadness.

Quote by Victory2134
Asada confirmed for coolest guy in here.
iv seen a few different options out there. there is the trem king that is a retro fit. super vee, and a few others.
Quote by OsmanAli
well...many strat-style guitars use floyd rose....that what you mean??

It's basically a shortened version of Fender Synchronized Tremolo System. . .
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
ummm is it a 2 point screw or 6 screw?

I would defitinely check Gotoh 510ts series. I got the bend saddle/2 point one, and is the greatest trem I ever. It stays in tune unless you really abuse it. I drop my E strings to a B and all the other strings stay in tune. My strat seriously has the sustain of a LP and it resonates a lot.

John Suhr uses this trem on all his guitars...
Wilkinson/Gotoh VS-100N two points are great though if it's a 6 point bridge you'll need some modification to fit it.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
This is the first I've heard of 6 point/2 point tremolos. . . Anyone care to enlighten me?
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by Asada Hiruka
This is the first I've heard of 6 point/2 point tremolos. . . Anyone care to enlighten me?

Two Point Tremolo

Six Point Tremolo

All it means is how many pivot screws that the bridge has.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Ah, then it's a 6 point.
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
Then the Wilkinson/Gotoh VSVG would suit you though it's a pain to intonate.

EDIT:I've installed one on one of the two strats I own. Though it doesn't compare to VS-100N in terms on how smooth it is.
Last edited by dark Mass at Jun 16, 2011,
fender vintage tremolo
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Schecter C1 Standard
Maton EM325C

that's the PRS bridge i went with. Gotoh and Wilkinson both make good versions though.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i like stetsbars strat style trem
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!