Yes. And you can transcribe almost anything from the 0th fret to the next (thicker string) unless it is a low E string 0 fret.
Quote by Noninim
Yes. And you can transcribe almost anything from the 0th fret to the next (thicker string) unless it is a low E string 0 fret.

5 frets across 1 up yeh?
I´ll explain in Standard, goes same in flat.

e B G D A E are the strings (little ´e´ being the high ´e´ string).

5th fret of the B string gives you the open ´e´ string tone.
4th fret of the G string gives you the open B string tone. < Different from others.
5th fret of the D string gives you the open G string tone.
5th fret of the A string gives you the open D string tone.
5th fret of the E string gives you the open A string tone.
Of course you can. Unless you're talking about using the low Eb as a note, and even then you can shift it one octave up.

I transposed Sweet Child to standard, but didn't particularly like it because of the emphasis on the Db chord before the solo and because I didn't bother to figure out how to play it in standard.
Why cant you just play it in e flat like you're supposed too?
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Why cant you just play it in e flat like you're supposed too?

Why should I retune every time I want to practice a song in e flat? Why should I reduce the life of my strings?
Quote by triface
Of course you can. Unless you're talking about using the low Eb as a note, and even then you can shift it one octave up.

I transposed Sweet Child to standard, but didn't particularly like it because of the emphasis on the Db chord before the solo and because I didn't bother to figure out how to play it in standard.

You know the main riff of sweet child o mine? If you play it in standard tuning, you just shift all the notes 1 fret left right? So for example, the D string, 12th fret, which is a D on the next octave, the first note of sweet child o mine, you would play the D flat (previous fret) instead
Quote by Straight Flush
You know the main riff of sweet child o mine? If you play it in standard tuning, you just shift all the notes 1 fret left right? So for example, the D string, 12th fret, which is a D on the next octave, the first note of sweet child o mine, you would play the D flat (previous fret) instead

He's talking about xx0232, open Db chord. You can hypothetically play it x46654 in standard, or a similar variation, but it won't produce the same tone as playing it as it is on the record, and if you're compromising that you may as well just play the song in the wrong tuning fret-for-fret and shift the audio up a half step in guitarpro/audacity/whatever you're practicing along to, if anything.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Straight Flush
Why should I retune every time I want to practice a song in e flat? Why should I reduce the life of my strings?

Just buy a guitar for every tuning you use.
Or you could do it the really easy way: download audacity and pitch-shift the song up a semitone when you want to practice it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Here's what i do.. i play the song in standard if i don't feel like de-tuning. Play the notes where they belong, it just sounds a semi-tone higher.

When you memorize the song fully, you don't have to look at your fretboard nearly as much.
So when i play the song with the band, i de-tune and play.. If i practiced it every note a step down then when i play with the band, i'll have to stare at the fretboard again just to make sure i'm not playing it the way i practiced..

I guess what I'm saying is, after practicing so much your hands tend to go where there supposed to. Your going to find yourself automatically playing the way you practiced and having to think the whole song about playing it a 1/2 step higher because your tuned properly now.

Most of the time however, i will practice standard songs together, then take the time to de-tune and practice all my detuned songs.
multi accounts don't get threads
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com