Poll: what do you think of trance?
Poll Options
View poll results: what do you think of trance?
i likey
19 35%
no likey
29 53%
i like my coffee black like my women
7 13%
Voters: 55.
Page 1 of 2
i love skrillex, its like a mixture of trance and dubstep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw

around a minute this song gets pretty cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaIZ0mUJzr0

this one, well umm, has hot chicks. i dont care if it isnt trance or not
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5bYDhZBFLA

this one just sounds awesome, its a korn song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lqq5QwApjs
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by stefanomire at Jun 16, 2011,
im gonna play this one safe and say, i have no opinion on trance. iv probably never even heard trance before
trance is like happy electronica. i would imagine you doing alot of acid to it. i dont really like traditional trance, i like skrillex because its a mix of both trance and dubstep. THIS IS A TRANCE THREAD NOT A FREAKEN DUBSTEP THREAD, okay moderators?
ಠ_ಠ
I like psytrance, but Eurotrance/anthemic trance/"epic trance" can go fuck itself. Tiesto is the worst thing that ever happened to electronic music, next to happy hardcore.

Psytrance is basically acid house, but faster, as far as I can tell.
Don't know about trance but I certainly don't like Skrillex.

Also electronic music thread, ninny.
Haven't heard any trance stuff that I've enjoyed.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Holy Katana
I like psytrance, but Eurotrance/anthemic trance/"epic trance" can go fuck itself. Tiesto is the worst thing that ever happened to electronic music, next to happy hardcore.

Psytrance is basically acid house, but faster, as far as I can tell.

omg its like a disease. what makes people feel the need to classify sounds to such an exact phrase? pretty soon you will be calling it by the note sequence. as if you couldnt just listen to the song yourself and decide if you like it or not.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
omg its like a disease. what makes people feel the need to classify sounds to such an exact phrase? pretty soon you will be calling it by the note sequence. as if you couldnt just listen to the song yourself and decide if you like it or not.

i agree with this guy here, he has a point you know. people these days classify everything. i think a sub genre of a sub genre goes abit to far dont you think?
ಠ_ಠ
I'm an electronic producer, I've made everything from dubstep to trance to drum 'n bass:3

look up "daydream anatomy" if you care.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7099pRHHec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkKNbbkYb9E

I love skrillex, dj nate, paragon9x, could go on for a while.
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 16, 2011,
I love some sweet trance.........................................vestites
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by stefanomire
i agree with this guy here, he has a point you know. people these days classify everything. i think a sub genre of a sub genre goes abit to far dont you think?

Normally I'd agree with you but there is a tangible difference between, say, psytrance and epic trance.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by stefanomire

dont agree with me, i know nothing about genres.

edit: see, my point exactly. this guy can actually touch the difference between two genres of music. like holy shit. maybe i just have a disability where i cant decipher the differences between genres.
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

and its since you know nothing about genres that actually makes you less ignorant of other musics in a way. because you arent like "ahh, theyre gay cuz theyre blah blah" thats why i agree with you
ಠ_ಠ
trance is awesome.

wait we're talking about final fantasy IX right?
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Psytrance and epic trance might as well be considered completely different genres.

Psytrance is really repetitive, usually with a Roland TB-303 or something similar doing an acid bassline, and it's really hypnotic. Hence the name "trance."

Epic trance is basically supersaws on everything with cheesy melodies and "epic" buildups. Unfortunately, it's what most people think of when they think of electronic music.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

edit: see, my point exactly. this guy can actually touch the difference between two genres of music. like holy shit. maybe i just have a disability where i cant decipher the differences between genres.

I see what you did there.

You know what I meant >_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by smokeysteve22
Trance and house is for fags.

Real men listen to drum and bass and dubstep

Funny thing is, house was actually invented by gay men.
Quote by Holy Katana
Funny thing is, house was actually invented by gay men.

Was he in a house at the time of this?
I like Skrillex but I know so little about the whole electronic scene that I don't know the difference between any of the sub-genres.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
That third option in the poll.
I INVENTED THAT! D:
I didn't know anyone else had played around with Marylin Manson lyrics.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by smokeysteve22
Was he in a house at the time of this?

The name comes from the Chicago club called the Warehouse, which was usually shortened to "the House."
Quote by Holy Katana
The name comes from the Chicago club called the Warehouse, which was usually shortened to "the House."

Very interesting.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
im gonna play this one safe and say, i have no opinion on trance. iv probably never even heard trance before

You should have stopped there dude.

Anyways, I don't like it. I could...but I don't. Purely because I had it forced down by throat my an ex of mine in return for me recommending her good heavy metal. Just can't bring myself to like it. Though I quite like Deadmau5...is that classed as trance in here, oh wise electro-pit monkeys?
OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ

Oh wait, that's techno.

I think.

I can't say I listen to it actively [mostly because there is sooooooo much to go through], but if I hear it playing somewhere, I will most likely listen to it and enjoy it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Because psytrance is quite different from cheesy eurotrance.
no likey
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Because I don't want to be flamed, I'll just say that I'm not exactly something you call a fan of trance. Much less, in fact.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Page 1 of 2