Alright so my band recently got contacted by a label called Matchless Records. This would be great news if not for one thing: looking at their website they have only signed 4 bands (I think?) and most of them are hardcore. My band is more of an alternative rock / punkish band.

Has anyone heard anything about this company? We haven't confirmed or shot down anything from them, and we don't know what our deal would be in the signing process.
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
Find out what you will both get from the relationship and make sure to read your contract before signing.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
Man everyone's getting signed these days except me.

return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by KTFM
I heard they're pretty hard to match.

I heard they didn't have any matches at all.

...Because they use an ELECTRIC STOVE.

return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127
I heard they didn't have any matches at all.

...Because they use an ELECTRIC STOVE.

Quote by israels_son
Find out what you will both get from the relationship and make sure to read your contract before signing.

This
Seems like they may be a fledgling company. But I donno, if they make a good deal then go for them, just make sure you understand what the contract is saying.
RIP Gooze

cats
they sound familiar but I don't know anything about them

/helpful post
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
contact them not us
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
I was just wondering if anyone had heard of anyone getting screwed over by them or if they're a crappy label or something
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Rule No. 1: Read the contract. Rule No. 2: See rule no. 1. Seriously, get a lawyer to check out if it's full of legalese, even. You don't wanna get fucked over cuz either you didn't read it or didn't understand what you read.
Quote by JRib1216
I was just wondering if anyone had heard of anyone getting screwed over by them or if they're a crappy label or something

They will basically send you an email saying they charge £2500 for various shit, like putting your songs on a compilation record and various other lame things...

It's pretty much a scam, sorry d00d.
If their contract isn't ****ing you over just sign with them.

I don't think it matters too much what genre the other bands are. For example: the Goo Goo Dolls used to be signed to Metal Blade Records, and are one of the only non-metal bands signed to them.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Steve The Plank
They will basically send you an email saying they charge £2500 for various shit, like putting your songs on a compilation record and various other lame things...

It's pretty much a scam, sorry d00d.

Is this just a guess or you've heard it?

If you've heard it, then crap.
TABBERS WANTED
Quote by JRib1216
Is this just a guess or you've heard it?

If you've heard it, then crap.

Nah, they messaged me and my band a couple of years ago, we went back to them to see what they're about and they sent me a list of all the stuff they could do for us for big amounts of money. I researched it some more and loads of people were complaining about them being a scam/waste of money too.
Hey guys,

I am the owner of Matchless Records. I'm pretty concerned about who all of you guys are talking about. We are a record label and a management company. We have never done compilation albums with bands that are not on our label. We have four artists on our label at the moment because we like to put as much money and attention to those specific bands as possible. That way, we have bands that are much more likely to succeed. We also own a division of our company called Monolith Management (www.monolithmgmt.com) that is quickly becoming one of the largest management companies in the world.

If you guys have ANY concerns or questions at all about our company, feel free to shoot me an email. I'd love to answer them and educate others about our company.

Thanks,

Chris Kilbourn
chris@matchlessrecords.com
www.matchlessrecords.com
www.monolithmgmt.com
We also manage and sign bands of any genre in any location. We're currently getting ready to announce some new bands onto our label that are very different than other bands on our roster.
How the hell did this guy find this thread? Seems a little dodgy...
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by ChrisKilbourn
Hey guys,

I am the owner of Matchless Records. I'm pretty concerned about who all of you guys are talking about. We are a record label and a management company. We have never done compilation albums with bands that are not on our label. We have four artists on our label at the moment because we like to put as much money and attention to those specific bands as possible. That way, we have bands that are much more likely to succeed. We also own a division of our company called Monolith Management (www.monolithmgmt.com) that is quickly becoming one of the largest management companies in the world.

If you guys have ANY concerns or questions at all about our company, feel free to shoot me an email. I'd love to answer them and educate others about our company.

Thanks,

Chris Kilbourn
www.matchlessrecords.com
www.monolithmgmt.com

(Invalid img)

EDIT: After Googling the company, I see that this thread is on Google's second page.
Last edited by Kevin19 at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by ChrisKilbourn
Hey guys,

Thanks,

Chris Kilbourn
www.matchlessrecords.com
www.monolithmgmt.com

Seems legit
Yes, we always search online to see what people are saying about our company. We take our reputation seriously. Feel free to email me with any questions guys! Thanks!
wow man, that's like... twice you've bumped this thread after no posts in it for a week.

weird.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.