Surprisingly cheap pedals under £50 for an analog delay pedal. Anyone know anything about the reliability and sound of these pedals and if they're complete and utter rubbish what else should I be looking at for delay pedals?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
They're actually advertised as true bypass. If they actually are or not?????

My guess is they probably are true bypass.

If they are built solid they would be a good buy. Just because they are cheap doesn't mean they are bad. If you like the sound, buy it.
Last edited by Griffin Effects at Jun 16, 2011,
Read again. I just said they were advertised as true bypass and if they actually were or not I didn't know. Their website has a big true bypass on every pedal page.

The fact that they use the words "True Bypass" and not some fancy worded version like "hardwire bypass", "hardware bypass", etc. would LEAD ME TO BELIEVE THEY MIGHT BE true bypass. As stated in the previous post. It's JUST A GUESS.

More importantly, if they are cheap and you think you might like how they sound, try one out.
Quote by Griffin Effects
Read again. I just said they were advertised as true bypass and if they actually were or not I didn't know. Their website has a big true bypass on every pedal page.

The fact that they use the words "True Bypass" and not some fancy worded version like "hardwire bypass", "hardware bypass", etc. would LEAD ME TO BELIEVE THEY MIGHT BE true bypass. As stated in the previous post. It's JUST A GUESS.

More importantly, if they are cheap and you think you might like how they sound, try one out.

So because it's advertised?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
^from another forum
-) true bypass: it doesn't have a 3PDT switch inside, only a DPDT - it coul still be true bypass with that if they used the "millenium bypass", but I doubt that, as the pedal comes with a little brochure touting the pros and cons of true bypass vs. buffered pedals - and in that brochure they have little diagrams: one depicting a buffered bypass circuit correctly; but TWO diagrams for true bypass: a correct one (with a switch disconnecting the effects circuit both at the input and output end), and another diagram which shows only the output switched, and the input permanently connected (look here to see what I mean: http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/articles/bypass.htm - mechanical output switching/"half-assed-bypass") - which is NOT true bypass!
Judging from the lack of a 3DPT switch, and their mis-use of the term "true-bypass" in the brochure, I guess that "half-assed-bypass" is what they are really using.

And another
Also, the bypass is not 100% true bybass, but its not a buffered switch like a Boss etc. As far as I can tell it the switch allows the input and output to be bridged together. The only thing that makes it not 100% true bypass is the fact that the input still stays connected to the circuit. It appears to have no affect on the tone, therefore its just as good as true bypass to my ears. A boss pedal for example is quite different in that in the off position, the signal still goes thru part of the circuit.
you should check out joyo pedals.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by WtrPlyr
^from another forum
Quote:
-) true bypass: it doesn't have a 3PDT switch inside, only a DPDT - it coul still be true bypass with that if they used the "millenium bypass", but I doubt that, as the pedal comes with a little brochure touting the pros and cons of true bypass vs. buffered pedals - and in that brochure they have little diagrams: one depicting a buffered bypass circuit correctly; but TWO diagrams for true bypass: a correct one (with a switch disconnecting the effects circuit both at the input and output end), and another diagram which shows only the output switched, and the input permanently connected (look here to see what I mean: http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/articles/bypass.htm - mechanical output switching/"half-assed-bypass") - which is NOT true bypass!
Judging from the lack of a 3DPT switch, and their mis-use of the term "true-bypass" in the brochure, I guess that "half-assed-bypass" is what they are really using.

And another
Quote:
Also, the bypass is not 100% true bybass, but its not a buffered switch like a Boss etc. As far as I can tell it the switch allows the input and output to be bridged together. The only thing that makes it not 100% true bypass is the fact that the input still stays connected to the circuit. It appears to have no affect on the tone, therefore its just as good as true bypass to my ears. A boss pedal for example is quite different in that in the off position, the signal still goes thru part of the circuit.

This is about Artec pedals? Frankly I give up with the true bypass thing on this thread. I was just stating that their website says they are true bypass. That's all. Nothing else. I do not know if they actually are or not.

True bypass or not. It doesn't mean that they are not good pedals. If the bypass doesn't create any negative effect for you, then who cares what bypass it has. The bottom line is if the pedal sounds good or not and works for you.

These appear to not cost that much so I would say they are worth trying out if your in the market for an effect they have.

Joyo may be another option. They seem to have clones or modified versions of popular pedals.
Quote by Griffin Effects
This is about Artec pedals? Frankly I give up with the true bypass thing on this thread. I was just stating that their website says they are true bypass. That's all. Nothing else. I do not know if they actually are or not.

True bypass or not. It doesn't mean that they are not good pedals. If the bypass doesn't create any negative effect for you, then who cares what bypass it has. The bottom line is if the pedal sounds good or not and works for you.

These appear to not cost that much so I would say they are worth trying out if your in the market for an effect they have.

Joyo may be another option. They seem to have clones or modified versions of popular pedals.

Sure, and I'm just saying they probably are not. I don't really care about what kind of bypass it is, as long as it's good. I just don't like people (or companies) that make their products look different from what they actually are.
Quote by AcousticMirror
you should check out joyo pedals.

or freakish blues.
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Jun 16, 2011,
^ hurhur

Quote by WtrPlyr
The delay actually isn't analog.

+1

but yeah if you're in the UK the easiest/cheapest way to get joyos is probably from thomann, some of the harley benton ones are joyo (the ones which look the same as the joyo ones, obviously, some of the other hb pedals are rebadged beta aivins, i think).

Haven't tried them, though, no idea how good they are.

Tonerider would be another option. Nice pedals for around the £50 mark.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by Griffin Effects

True bypass or not. It doesn't mean that they are not good pedals. If the bypass doesn't create any negative effect for you, then who cares what bypass it has.

the bypass DOES affect the sound. quite a lot. when it's bypassed, the sound is noticeably darker, and quite lifeless. if i was to use my artec live, i would definitely find a way of properly bypassing it.
Quote by korinaflyingv
the bypass DOES affect the sound. quite a lot. when it's bypassed, the sound is noticeably darker, and quite lifeless. if i was to use my artec live, i would definitely find a way of properly bypassing it.

Well then that's not good. I'd like to see the insides of one of these to see what it would take to really true bypass them then.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ hurhur

+1

but yeah if you're in the UK the easiest/cheapest way to get joyos is probably from thomann, some of the harley benton ones are joyo (the ones which look the same as the joyo ones, obviously, some of the other hb pedals are rebadged beta aivins, i think).

Haven't tried them, though, no idea how good they are.

Tonerider would be another option. Nice pedals for around the £50 mark.

Anyone in the UK stock Tonerider or can I get them from TR direct?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
yeah i got mine from dangleberry.

didn't know feline had started to stock them, though being a luthier feline might only stock the pickups...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?