I want to buy an Ibanez Universe, preferably new. I do not, however, want to get ripped off by the local stores over here.

Any legit places with a good rep that I could buy from? Preferably one that you have had experience with, or that someone you know has had experience with.
www.shiremusic.com.au
Good prices, good service, dealt with them plenty of times.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Ishibashi Music are great, they're in Japan. You'll pay a little extra for shipping and customs, but even after that it ends up cheaper than buying new in Australia.
IMO unless you're dead set on a Universe a better idea would be to get a J-Custom 7 (I think it would probably be cheaper, or the same price) and (IMO again) they're better guitars.
Quote by littlephil
Ishibashi Music are great, they're in Japan. You'll pay a little extra for shipping and customs, but even after that it ends up cheaper than buying new in Australia.
IMO unless you're dead set on a Universe a better idea would be to get a J-Custom 7 (I think it would probably be cheaper, or the same price) and (IMO again) they're better guitars.

What would you recommend then? I'm pretty set on the universe... I love the neck... But A quilted maple top with mahogany body with the same neck would be a better choice for me. I just haven't seen anything that compares. Especially that I could get here.

Quote by Eppicurt
www.shiremusic.com.au
Good prices, good service, dealt with them plenty of times.

Bizarre, their price for the universe is higher then the in store one here. O.o
I'll put in another good word for Ishibashi. I bought a Japan-exclusive Fender from them back in February and they're very helpful and quick to respond to emails. Their English isn't spectacular but they're easy enough to understand and my buying from them was easy and hassle-free.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB