I wanna start making dubstep. where do I start?

Mac or PC, but Mac is much preferred.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
tl;dr

FTFY
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
FTFY

cross-thread payback

I like your style.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

first you have to make sure you know what dubstep is. you cant have snares on the sky beat. you also have to have it set at the exact bpm. you also must know you can only playin minor keys, no major or anything else. i think i beat that horse into a coma. fruity loops demo is free
FL Studio is a good start. Specifically for Mac i'd use Logic. Ableton Live is nice also (works on both PC and Mac).
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055624658

They are the VSTs i used to make my dubstep track (on profile), i dunno if they are mac compatable though.

http://www.dubstepforum.com/the-dubstep-production-bible-updated-2009-06-03-t14797.html

The dubstep production bible - it was useful to me
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Yep Fruity Loops is the way to go I'd say.
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
sine wave -> distortion -> env filter/wah/automated EQ. wauwauwauwobblewobble
Quote by Holy Katana
Ableton Live and either Linplug Albino or Native Instruments Massive and/or FM8.

These.

Ableton is where it's at.
I make mine using Reaper and NI massive.

It's less the software, more the synths you use.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Thanks a lot, guys!
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
first you have to make sure you know what dubstep is. you cant have snares on the sky beat. you also have to have it set at the exact bpm. you also must know you can only playin minor keys, no major or anything else. i think i beat that horse into a coma. fruity loops demo is free

And if you break those rules, what happens? I wanna make a dubstep remix of THIS SONG

could I do that?
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark
And if you break those rules, what happens? I wanna make a dubstep remix of THIS SONG

could I do that?

You could do a Burial and make the vocalist sound like an R&B diva with lots of reverb.

I only Burial, so I'm not very knowledgeable about dubstep.