Hi guys.

Lately I have been wanting a fuzz to give me a 70's-ish and a Billy Gibbons-ish sound.

I'm thinking about getting the Big Muff Pi w/ tone wicker or the Way Huge Swollen Pickle.

But which is better for the sounds I want, or is there a better fuzz out there in same price range?
I'm not sure how well it'll give you the exact tone you want, but my brother has a Retroman Lola which is just... wow.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by ragingben
I'd look into Devi Ever pedals. Some of them are extreme but she really is the queen of fuzz IMO

Quote by darkwolf291
I really don't like any of Devi's stuff.
I think it's all pretty meh.

I'm probably one of the biggest Devi Ever fans on this whole site, but am not entirely confident that one of her pedals would be the way to go for a Billy Gibbons sound.

That said, a Torn's Peaker or a Year of the Rat might do the trick.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I have a big muff pi and it is great for 70s sound
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Quote by ragingben
I'd look into Devi Ever pedals. Some of them are extreme but she really is the queen of fuzz IMO

I'm big fan of Devis pedal and have talked to her on many occassions but i wouldn't recommend her pedals for this tone.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

If you can't find a legitimate Tone Bender, you could always look at copies or fuzzes based on it. A good example being the Earthquaker Devices Tone Reaper.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Funk Monk: That's exactly what I wanted, thanks!
But none of the stores in Europe has it in stock, so I guess I'll be waiting awhile.

Thanks for the replies to all
As a general idea, you can also form your thoughts in terms of what the characteristic electronic components are inside the device.

There is a big difference in the sound of silicon transistors compared to germanium transistors. The silicon ones have a much stiffer/harsher sound.
I know in his current rig he is using a tonebender mkii and a fulltone ultimate octave. for a tonebender, look at the mjm britbender or a earthquaker devices tone reaper.
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?