I've been looking at Mockingbird basses on and off for a couple of years and I've been considering something in Mahogany again this week which reminded me of them again. The reviews Ive seen so far are all positive but I haven't found very many. Has anyone here ever played or owned one? What did you think of it?
I've only briefly played one and I didn't care for it at all. Apart from that I can't really help you. ^_-
Ibanez SR 500 and 700 line are mohogany

I've always wanted to try a mockingbird. They do look nice.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I dig them, totally.

I REALLY like the dual-P setup. Also, newer Mockingbirds aren't as nice (IME) as early 80's models. Still though, if you dig the body shape, they are great sounding.

On a related note, it's the dual-P setup that has me stoked on the new Fender Blacktop series... one of the basses is a dual-P setup on a Jazz body... mmm...

EDIT: A pic...

But yeah, Mockingbirds are pretty awesome, and would probably be THEE only 'metal looking' bass i'd EVER consider buying.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Last edited by Din of Win at Jun 16, 2011,
I think I'm going to have to take a look at the Srs and Blacktops too. Thanks guys.
I love my SR505 if that helps at all, but i'm also a big BC Rich fan and none of their mid range guitars have done me wrong.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
Why do you want Mahogany?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Its an awesome sounding wood
Warwick Corvette
If you say so..
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
There was a Mockingbird 4-string at the local GC about a year ago and I seriously considered buying it. Nice bass; fine playability; ebony fretboard and good tone. I really wanted the 5-string version, but B.C. Rich discontinued it.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by consecutive e
If you say so..

Its all opinion man, nothing is right for everyone
Warwick Corvette