You'd be hard pushed to write a more generic song than that, it has everything a bog standard metalcore has. Try being more original instead of writing exactly like bands you like. The intro sounded like a Avenged Sevenfold song, as did the chorus, the rest sounded like an August Burns Red Song.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
I'm not gonna dwell on the fact of whether or not it resembles other bands or what not. I like it, the guitar is well written. You manage to re-use the same ideas whilst adding various sections throughout so it doesn't get stale. The solo managed to keep my attention, though I recommend a tad more shredding. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can tell you're much not of a drummer. Listening to this, I'd actually enjoy writing a drum part to it. There's ample opportunity to beefen up the drums, but overall, the song isn't bad at all.
First off, thanks for the crit!

I have to agree with frankibo, though. It's not bad, really. It's well written and all, I can't complain about that, but it doesn't bring anything new to the table, and that's really the only legitimate complaint that can be brought up. The best advice I can give is to try things you haven't before. The songwriting isn't the problem here, the lack of experimentation is.

I did enjoy the octave melody at 52, that was pleasant. I wouldn't end the song where you do, though; it ends on a very tense sound, and you shouldn't end without releasing that tension, even if it's just one last punch on the D chord that you need.

So like I said, the thing's well written, it just doesn't cover any new ground, so I have no reason to choose this over any other metalcore.
First off thanks for the crit on my track. Sorry it took a while to get back to you on this one.

Overall, yes it does sound fairly generic and at Bar 20 it does almost sound copy/paste of Unholy Confessions but its solid constructed track overall and not a bad listen. The octave run at 52 (and revisted later on) was the highlight for me, very well timed and nice melody with it so kudos on that. Ending was quite abrupt so maybe something can be done there to add a little closure at the end.

I'm not much into the metal/heavy scene anymore so maybe I can have an easier time not nitpicking who and what you're influenced or "Copying" in this one but it was an enjoyable listen and a solidly constructed track so there's definitely no shame in that.