So I'm looking for a really round, warm clean sound but with the clarity you get with a brighter amp. Nothing dark and marshally, I'm a fender man really - I need clear and chimey highs and enough mid and bass range to give me a little more stability in my clean lead parts, don't want much twang.

I have a budget of £400, and am more than willing to buy used. I'd like a head, as in the past it has been very rare that people are not sharing cabs at shows I've played and I don't want to lug around a heavy combo I don't need.

I only need a clean channel. Needs to break up just a bit when I play hard, but all in all a nice amount of headroom. Like I said, I'm looking for a warm and round tone that will be nice and "solid" when tremolo picking.

I play in a post rock band.

I'm thinking of a fender silverface bassman, or a similar copy. For example, I've seen a Guild Thunderbass and a Selmer treble n bass on ebay that's in my price range.

It needs to take pedals exceptionally well, and move a lot of air with a muff engaged. Oh, and I play a '94 Epi les paul, with a PAF pro in the neck and a BKP Mississippi queen P90 in the bridge.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Last edited by PussyPunk182 at Jun 16, 2011,