Page 1 of 2
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13749313

It's been a while since I made a thread that didn't involve sexual abuse.

Quote by You know which news source I like
For many, teenagers playing tinny music to each other on public transport on their mobile phones can be intensely irritating. Why do they do it?

With mobile phones in many a teenager's pocket, the rise of sodcasting - best described as playing music through a phone in public - has created a noisy problem for a lot of commuters.

"All you can hear is 'dush, dush, dush, dush'. It's irritating. So many times I end up with a headache," says Tracey King, who has signed up to the Shhh! Scheme set up by bus company Arriva Yorkshire to stop the noise on their services.

"As teenagers, they don't seem to have the capability to think about others. I have heard older women turning round and saying 'will you turn that down?' and sometimes they will… and other times I've heard them with abuse and swearing at other people."

More info in the article.

Personally, I find it annoying when people blast music through their phones. I think I speak for many people when I say that not everyone likes the music the blaster person is blasting [whatever music that may be], which is why I use this magnificent invention called headphones.

What do you think?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by zchavez09
Cause they can't afford IPods

They can just buy headphones...
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

Public transport is for peasants. Peasants are usually stupid hence why they can only afford public transport. Then because of their stupidity they are unable to understand how their music can irritate others.
Last edited by Greenie_777 at Jun 16, 2011,
Last time I walked around blasting music out of my phone I got beat up. People just don't want to listen some classical music I tells ya.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
There are probably 5000-7000 black people (In my small town of 40,000) that do this on a daily basis....so frigging annoying...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
*dush, dush, dush, dush*

sorry can't hear you over my music

*dush, dush, dush, dush*
It's all just a joke

Quote by guitaristren
At least they're not carrying boom boxes around.

Apple probably made an iBoombox and other teens are lining up at the Apple Store to buy one.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

anyone else find it irritating when people just hang their headphones over their ears and blast their ipods instead of actually putting the headphones in?
Quote by mysterion2112
anyone else find it irritating when people just hang their headphones over their ears and blast their ipods instead of actually putting the headphones in?

Never seen someone do that, but I've seen plenty of people blast the volume so loud you can hear it 5 feet away from them, with the earbuds in their ears.
They don't have headphones bacuase they stole the phone in the first place
When I was in middle school, kids used to do this in class. I don't want to hear what the hell you're listening to, buy a pair of headphones.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Quote by mysterion2112

Yep that's very annoying I would say this to those guys who wear Dr. Dre'
Instead of buying some stupid headphones you don't use, buy us some ear protection
Last edited by Headphonehead at Jun 16, 2011,
you guys act like this didn't happen already in the 80s with boom boxes

then again most UGers are 12 year olds that would be totally supportive of iPods blaring slash....
It's all just a joke

I sat on a bus with Children Of Bodom playing through my phone one day, just to show them how annoying it is. I had 12 guys beat the shit out of me.....
Because they are chavs so they "do what they want" and "take shit from no-one"..........in reality they are just the human equivalent of vermin
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Because they're disgusting excuses for human beings.

Although it is fun playing some form of tech metal, or even better, a classical song, in order to drown them out.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by robhc
I sat on a bus with Children Of Bodom playing through my phone one day, just to show them how annoying it is. I had 12 guys beat the shit out of me.....

The funny thing is though, when we do it we get beat up
and when they do, nothing happens, Solution: BEAT THEM UP!
Is there an underlying theme of rape, child molestation or other related sex crimes to this thread?
Quote by Headphonehead

We? What group of people come under we?

Quote by Headphonehead

We? I don't remember this.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Some girl was playing music on her phone in the middle of a graduation ceremony last weekend. I wanted to smack a ho.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i'm a teenager and what is this?
seriously, it pisses me off when people do this, i always put my headphones in if i'm gonna listen to music in public..
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Quote by Todd Hart
We? I don't remember this.

We I mean the dude I quoted and me srry (If you wanna be in our group you can? )
Quote by Greenie_777
Public transport is for peasants. Peasants are usually stupid hence why they can only afford public transport. Then because of their stupidity they are unable to understand how their music can irritate others.

bulletproof logic there, bro.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Is there an underlying theme of rape, child molestation or other related sex crimes to this thread?

Actually, a lot of middle aged men were thinking about raping the teenagers that do this.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I used to do that while walking places... then I realized that it was annoying to hold the phone and nobody else liked it.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by Woffelz
Actually, a lot of middle aged men were thinking about raping the teenagers that do this.

Were we only supposed to think this?

I remember on the way to school I saw to kids that go to a junior school walking with Eminem blasting out their phones. They looked like they were 7/8. Bastards intimidated me.

I hate it when people listen to annoying chavvy shit like Tinie Tempah. The only time i do it is if the bus isn't very busy, or if I want to show my mate a song.
Quote by JD2k9
I hate it when people listen to annoying chavvy shit like Tinie Tempah. The only time i do it is if the bus isn't very busy, or if I want to show my mate a song.

Nah man, Tinie Tempah's cool brah. He's been in a video with that Blink 182 drummer and everything bro...

...bro.

Page 1 of 2