I got this tube amp from a car accident so its a bit of a beater but I got it for free.

It's missing the fuse and I talked to the guy who built it and he kept saying to use a 3 amp fuse.

The back of the amp says 120 volt 3A/slo-blo but all I can find are 3 amp 250 volts.

Is it bad to put a 250 volt in the amp instead of a 120?
you should find a 120 becasue if the fuse doesnt blow when its supposed to other possibly more expensive parts of the amp may get damaged

but putting a higher fuse shouldnt affect the amps performance
A 250 is fine. You can go equal or greater with the voltage and equal or lesser with the current, though it's best not to change the current rating.
It is running fuses of lower voltage rating that you can get into trouble. Fuses rated at lower voltages than what's in use can result in arcing. If it didn't cost so much, there'd be no such thing as low voltage fuses, all that would exist would be ones rated in the thousands of volts
You'll be fine.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 16, 2011,
Thanks guys. In all honesty, I'll be astonished if it works at all. Apparently there was a leak in a storage locker that caused it to get wet but since it was a tube amp and free, I figured it would be worth a shot.
Give it a good clean. Get yourself a can of contact cleaner, a bristle brush and a compressor (or can of compressed air) and give it a thorough clean. Filth is what causes flood damaged gear to fail after it's been dried properly.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification