So. About a month and a half ago I was extremely bored. And opened up FLstudio (I had it on my computer for whatever reason). I began to chart a melody and then placed a bass line under it. This was the start of my techno project, Onehungrywater. Now. Its hard for me to find feedback in my group of friends so I thought UG's forums would offer a bit of help to me. So anybody who knows anything about techno. Head over to my facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/OneHungryWater/211964798834406?sk=app_178091127385
And listen to either "The Solar Flare Speaks" or "Atomic Toaster"

No bashing please. Only positive feedback.
Quote by ATWFAleadguitar

Oh son that was so wonderful, you're the greatest thing in the world and no one else is better than you. You can't do better than what you did, but you also can't do any worse because you're amazing.
Quote by ATWFAleadguitar
So. About a month and a half ago I was extremely bored. And opened up FLstudio (I had it on my computer for whatever reason). I began to chart a melody and then placed a bass line under it. This was the start of my techno project, Onehungrywater. Now. Its hard for me to find feedback in my group of friends so I thought UG's forums would offer a bit of help to me. So anybody who knows anything about techno. Head over to my facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/OneHungryWater/211964798834406?sk=app_178091127385
And listen to either "The Solar Flare Speaks" or "Atomic Toaster"

Holy shit, are you 12 years old or something? Are you going to cry if somebody doesn't like it?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
HA! Your music is now Facebook's music.

EDIT: percussion kinda ruined Solar Flare...sounds like a videogame to me.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Last edited by magnum1117 at Jun 16, 2011,
it sounds like retarded video game music. this is positively crap, hows that for positive
It sounds like the noise my Playstation makes when I stick my vagina in it.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
i think by positive he meant constructive.... or maybe i'm missing the joke.

anyway the music is cool imo
There is more than one thing i have to say...
Quote by ordino
i think by positive he meant constructive.... or maybe i'm missing the joke.
I don't think it's a joke. The point is that TS is asking for only feedback that's praising his music. However, the real world doesn't work that way. In the real world, people are gonna be prolly even nastier than all of the comments here. If TS wants only positive feedback, he should ask his mother for it. The real world is gonna actually tell you what it thinks. If some producer says your music is a pile of shit, are you gonna give up? Or are you going to persevere?

Edit: That's why I didn't even bother to listen. Unless TS can handle some actual critiquing, I'm not wasting my time.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 16, 2011,
Nobody wants to listen to a ten minute techno song, homeboy. Cut the length in half at least, because its not bad, but there's way too much song. And use a different MIDI patch or whatever for your perc. It's too different tonally from the rest of the song.

EDIT: olololol go cry to your mommy because you can't handle the truth.
Last edited by FrauVfromPoB at Jun 16, 2011,
What he really is asking is to give him feedback to help him out not like "hey this crap sounds like me taking a dump."

Well, first off I'd spend a lot more time doing some work on getting the right sound. Get some influences on the kind of style you want to play whether it would be trance hardstyle or anything else. Look up artists and get some influences on sounds. Also, look up some plug-ins to get some different sounds. For example I make a hardstyle, so when make my kick I use Junglist, Nexus, and etc. You have the right idea of melody just need work on actually making it into a song. Starting with a clap wouldn't hurt at all. Especially with an original.

Hardstyle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUIH-Aql5is&list=PLDD5EBFB4EACE8B06
Focus on how snare starts up. Shows the tempo. Don't want to be switching tempos to much. Also how the melody fades in. And just because it's electronica doesn't mean you can use vocals.

Hard Dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr6E-kHNYtM&list=PLDD5EBFB4EACE8B0
For inspiration. Fade outs. Focus on how the song is structured and what stuff comes into the song and what comes out at different times.

Hardcore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXKxeO0mcT0&list=PLDD5EBFB4EACE8B06
Put distortion in ur kick. If do this and mess with it you'll know a lot about kicks and will be more advanced on what sound you want in your kicks. And also add a quote into ur songs.

Trance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSts-P2HN04
Getting a better sound in your melo.dy
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-
Yeah what you have here is the most basic synths ever, you really need to get some decent patches if you want to make anything half decent.

Even if you stuck with the 8 bit sound you could still make waaay better patches. The music behind it is alright you just need better timbres.

Also, the drums are wank.

Please consult my soundcloud for real electronic music
Last edited by benonbass1 at Jun 16, 2011,
stop making them so long. less intro.
Quote by Jackal58
That's the thing though. What can you do to a group of people that believe if they abandon their cause they will burn in hell?

yeah imma troll

whatcha gon do bout it?
3 minute intros are no nos.

As said before, maybe avoid the "videogame" sound. But if that's what you want then I'd maybe speed it up a little. Also, more bass.

Would also benifit from some form of climax followed by a heavy drop. But then I'm going into preferences there.
Last edited by SG_dave at Jun 16, 2011,