Page 1 of 2
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/nyregion/anthony-d-weiner-tells-friends-he-will-resign.html?hp

Representative Anthony D. Weiner, an influential Democrat who had been considered a leading candidate to be the next mayor of New York City, said Thursday that he was resigning from Congress following revelations of lewd online exchanges with several women.

Pressure on Mr. Weiner to leave the House has been building for days, with top House Democrats, including Ms. Pelosi, the minority leader, coming forward over the weekend to urge him publicly to spare himself, his family and his party any more embarrassment.

But that pressure intensified earlier this week when President Obama publicly suggested that Mr. Weiner should step down and Ms. Pelosi told reporters that she was prepared to strip Mr. Weiner of his committee assignments if he did not leave.

One of the best, if not the best people in Congress, turned on by his supposed colleagues and forced to resign over a "scandal" that broke no actual laws. Absurd, ridiculous. We've lost a very good public servant today.
Damn

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Just shows his character. I wouldn't have cared about this at all if he hadn't lied about it in the first place.

Also weiner jokes
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Goodbye pervert is trending. Nuff said.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
I saw that on the news before.

Had to lol when Ginger Lee of all people was condemning someone for showing their naked body on camera.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
There's an impotence joke in here somewhere.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Successful troll is successful.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by izbbass
Just shows his character. I wouldn't have cared about this at all if he hadn't lied about it in the first place.

Also weiner jokes

anyone in his position would've lied about it. including you.

anyways, people really need to stop judging politicians by their own personal demons and by how well they do the job they were elected to do. nancy pelosi and all the other dems who ganged up with her showed us how conservative they really are. ****in sucks.
Go Veg.
Quote by blackflag49
One of the best, if not the best people in Congress, turned on by his supposed colleagues and forced to resign over a "scandal" that broke no actual laws. Absurd, ridiculous. We've lost a very good public servant today.
1) That's YOUR opinion. 2) I don't ever want a public servant who's immoral enough to do the nasty affair. Any politician who cheats on his wife is not ok with me. Besides, this is such a thing as a congressional code of conduct. I'm fairly sure creating a scandal is going to get you into hot water. 3) I disagree with you; he was an average Democratic public servant. Nothing too great to him.

Quote by im not mental
anyone in his position would've lied about it. including you.

anyways, people really need to stop judging politicians by their own personal demons and by how well they do the job they were elected to do. nancy pelosi and all the other dems who ganged up with her showed us how conservative they really are. ****in sucks.
That's got to be the best one I've ever heard...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Had to lol when Ginger Lee of all people was condemning someone for showing their naked body on camera.

You're joking, right.

*googles* Wow. She did.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

What is a quit, why does Anthony Weiner have one and where can I get one?

seewatididthar?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Jun 16, 2011,
If it was anybody but him.... anybody at all, with an ounce of conservative views... You guys would be calling him a dirty pervert lying **** up.

I'm not mad. Just disappointed.
The playground of the world
Quote by rockingamer2
What is a quit, and why does Anthony Weiner have one?

/grammar nazi

"Weiner's" is a contraction of "Weiner has." The 's is a contraction; it doesn't only show possession.

/knows English
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
^FUUUU-

Quote by rockingamer2
What is a quit, and why does Anthony Weiner have one?

/grammar nazi

"Anthony Weiner's" can be a contraction for "Anthony Weiner has."

/grammar nazi

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

"Yeah, he only showed his dick, cmon, man up and keep being a world leader"

I'm surprised that this thread supports him.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
1) That's YOUR opinion. 2) I don't ever want a public servant who's immoral enough to do the nasty affair. Any politician who cheats on his wife is not ok with me. Besides, this is such a thing as a congressional code of conduct. I'm fairly sure creating a scandal is going to get you into hot water. 3) I disagree with you; he was an average Democratic public servant. Nothing too great to him.

That's got to be the best one I've ever heard...

Come down from the fucking mountain Moses.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Okay, I fixed my post. My bad.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

1) Yeah, I'm aware 2) Well, I suppose that's your opinion. Personally, unless they're committing a crime, I don't really care what politicians do in their personal lives. I vote for candidates so they can advocate for my preferred policy preferences on the issues.

Quote by Eddie4President
If it was anybody but him.... anybody at all, with an ounce of conservative views... You guys would be calling him a dirty pervert lying **** up.

If they're one of those annoying Christian conservative types they deserve to be called out on their hypocrisy.

But do I really give a shit if Mark Sanford wants to bang an Argentinean lady? Not really
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Who ?

*googles*

oh hot damn

Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Quote by Eddie4President

That would most likely be because their good qualities would not outweigh their bad ones.

nobody's perfect.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Jackal58
Come down from the fucking mountain Moses.
Meh. I like it up here. And I'm serious. I don't ever support cheating...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Meh. I like it up here. And I'm serious. I don't ever support cheating...

Not wanting the guy out of office isn't supporting cheating. No more than supporting the Civil Rights movement means you're cheering on MLK's cheating.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Jun 16, 2011,
What he did was scummy, but it's not like sexting is illegal. If his constituents don't want him to represent them they would have voted him out in the next election.
Quote by blackflag49

Quote by blackflag49
One of the best, if not the best people in Congress, turned on by his supposed colleagues and forced to resign over a "scandal" that broke no actual laws.

Quote by blackflag49
One of the best, if not the best people in Congress, turned on by his supposed colleagues and forced to resign...

Quote by blackflag49
turned on by his supposed colleagues and forced to resign...

Quote by blackflag49
turned on by his supposed colleagues

Quote by blackflag49
turned on

Quote by Nelsean
The world needs more buttmonkeys.

Quote by Eddie4President
The Buttmonkey for best username, most intelligent posts of 21st century.
Quote by StewieSwan
Good. The world needs more of you.
Quote by iro-bot31
What he did was scummy, but it's not like sexting is illegal. If his constituents don't want him to represent them they would have voted him out in the next election.

/thread.

let the people decide, not the very politicians he's running with or against, seriously.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
TS likes Anthony Weiner & Moby-Dick. THAT'S PRETTY GAY, DUDE.

But srsly, ya it was kind of a scumbag thing to do, but politics is kind of a scumbag game. Whatcha gonna do? Let's quit turning 'political coverage' into celebrity gossip.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Jun 16, 2011,
It's a pretty rubbish "scandal". I'm really surprised anyone cares.
I love how they put his texts on nation-wide news.

"You aren't giving my package due credit"

"I have wardrobe demands too. I need to highlight my package."

"Alright, my package and I are not going to beg. We both see the hazard of going down the path of comparative sexiness."
Quote by neidnarb11890
TS likes Anthony Weiner & Moby-Dick. THAT'S PRETTY GAY, DUDE.

But srsly, ya it was kind of a scumbag thing to do, but politics is kind of a scumbag game. Whatcha gonna do? Let's quit turning 'political coverage' into celebrity gossip.

No UUUUUU

I'm gonna listen to the Buzzcocks now...
Quote by Lemoninfluence
That would most likely be because their good qualities would not outweigh their bad ones.

nobody's perfect.

So you admit you're a hypocrite, then? You would want a political opponent to step down for this, but not someone with similar political views to you?
Quote by Nosferatu Man
So you admit you're a hypocrite, then? You would want a political opponent to step down for this, but not someone with similar political views to you?

I might want a politician to step down for this if I also thought he was a bad politician (lazy, corrupt, apathetic, someone whose views I completely disagreed with etc.) but I would not want them to step down, purely because of these actions.

if that makes me a hypocrite, so be it.

Quote by element4433
The thing that annoys me the most about this, is that the media claims that this is some sort of victory for womens rights against misogyny. Yet those same media outlets have done nothing but harass the women involved for the sake of a story.

Also, **** Andrew Breitbart. That asshat had been stalking and abusing Weiner for months, only to have both the media and the majority of congress join his personal vendetta. Ugh.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I might want a politician to step down for this if I also thought he was a bad politician (lazy, corrupt, apathetic, someone whose views I completely disagreed with etc.) but I would not want them to step down, purely because of these actions.

if that makes me a hypocrite, so be it.

I suppose if you didn't care for the ideology of democracy at all, and only believed in using current political institutions for the purpose of pushing your own ideology then you would not be acting hypocritically, but if you did care for democracy, then you would be a hypocrite.
Page 1 of 2