Hey I've been playing geetar a while now, but I still am a noob. Aside from solos and stuff, what does a lead guitarist do??
Have a drug problem
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
oh man you need to get the whole fan through flowing hair pose down.

for pro tuition, check out any youtube steve vai vid.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I guess I have the first two! But what about playing-wise.. Is it solos only?? Cause it would be sucky waiting in a song just to solo for 30 secs and be done!
Quote by Dave_Mc

for pro tuition, check out any youtube steve vai vid.

This is an absolute must for all would-be lead players.
RIP Adam
The rhytim guitar player does most of the chords and stuff, say the "background music". The lead player does the lead part, so the part of the music that stucks in your head, don't know how to say it another way xD
Plays the melody lines if the guitar has any, plays the solos, and plays rhythm when the other two are not being done.
Depending on the type of music you listen to he can also do fills and rhythm parts.
Quote by Oddhawk
I guess I have the first two! But what about playing-wise.. Is it solos only?? Cause it would be sucky waiting in a song just to solo for 30 secs and be done!

naw well i mean obviously the lead player usually plays the solo, but for the rest of the time he/she'd either be playing other parts to complement the rhythm guitarist, other wee lead fills, etc. etc. If there's only one player in the band then you'd be playing everything, lead and rhythm.

yeah i mean you're not gonna get to loll at the side of the stage with a beer in your hand then stagger forward for the 30 second solo. lol.

Quote by SexyLikeAPig
This is an absolute must for all would-be lead players.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Develops raging ego problems and generally turns into an insufferable wanker.
Quote by Duv
Argues with the singer.
Acts moody.

sounds about right.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Spells guitar right.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Last edited by Robbin'TheHood at Jun 16, 2011,