Hey guys, quick question to those with a 5 or six sting bass, what's it like changing from playing a six string for example then jumping onto a 4 string. Is it hard to adjust when going back and forth?
[Insert something clever here]
Nope. I even go from 6 35" to 4 34". You get used to it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
searchbar. theres 3 threads like this last week alone.

[/thread]
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
I jump between a 35" 4er to 34"/35" 5ers all the time and I've never had any problems adjusting to between them.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
sometimes going form a 6 to a 5 gets in my head a bit if im tapping. (forget which string Im missing) other than that no problems.

but I play electric and acoustic guitar, 4 string bass, 6 string bass and ukulele, so i've gotten very very used to switching between necks.
no sir away a papaya war is on
At first, the extra string was a bit confusing at times. I play with my fingers and have a very busy style. I'm all over the neck. I often play with my eyes closed. Sometimes I would find my left hand on the A, while my right hand was on the E. I ended up having to play some more simple songs and kept my eyes on my right hand. It was the only bass I played around the house. At night, I keep a bass next to me and play everything I hear. Eventually, I learned how it felt to my right hand, and now I'm set. I have 0 issues jumping between basses. All of my basses are different and play differently from one another.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Last edited by deeptubes at Jun 16, 2011,