hey guys,

i haven't played some fast thrash metal for about a month so i was getting back up to speed with some fast songs and at one point it felt like i got a shock on my right hand...so i just thought it was gonna be one tym n kept goin n it happened again...like when i transition from something slow to something fast....now i've got some kinda recurring pain which pops everyonce in a while when i bend my wrist...not really bad pain or anythin but its like on the back of my palm a little above the right side of my right wrist where i feel it...and on the otherside of my palm the ulna bone seems to be a bit swollen compared to the left hand.

i'm just wondering if anyone else in the forum has had this and what have they done to rectify it?

thanks
Is it swollen or is there a bump? It may be a ganglion cyst. I have one on my left hand exactly like that. Nothing to be worried about. If you go to a doctor and that's what it is they will drain it with a syringe; if it comes back they may have to surgically remove it. Either way they're harmless except for the occasional pain. People live their entire lives with them.

EDIT: Also, UG is not a doctor. Good luck.
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
lmao i wasn't expecting a doctor...only lookin for people who might have had similar experiences...n yeah its a bump...

but do they cause the pain on the otherside of the hand? meaning the side with the knuckles coz i feel the pain more on that side
if the pain persists, you should go get it checked out IMO. Playing through pain is not a good thing obviously.
Stop guitar for a week. Analyze what you do IRL. I found that when I had this terrible hand position at the computer it caused all sorts of nerve problems.

If you don't have those issue and still get pain, analyze your guitar playing (are you tensing muscles?), if you still have problems go to a doctor.
you could be right,it could do with the computer...i got my summer break and have been using the computer way more than I have before

my muscles did tense when i played the first day this started but i jus thought it was like that burn u get like when u workout after a while u kno wat i mean? but i could have overdone it
Quote by rayven1lk
you could be right,it could do with the computer...i got my summer break and have been using the computer way more than I have before

my muscles did tense when i played the first day this started but i jus thought it was like that burn u get like when u workout after a while u kno wat i mean? but i could have overdone it

You should never feel the 2nd paragraph that you described
When I do, I know I'm doing something wrong
When mine is acting up, I can get sharp pains, almost a shock, in my whole hand. Sometimes its just on the one side, but other times it can be on both sides of my wrist. I wasn't suggesting playing through the pain, if it hurts, you should get it drained or surgically removed. I had mine drained once and it came back, but now it doesn't hurt anymore, so I just leave it. I'd rather not go through surgery if I can help it.
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
Give your hand a rest until to completely goes away. Don't put too much stress on your right hand until it does, or you run the risk of damaging it. You should have stopped playing and taken a break as soon as you began feeling any sort of pain. Make sure you stretch before you play too.