Cool story, slowbro.
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
I am here! Thank you good sir for calling my attention to this video
"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining" - Wrex
THIS IS BULLSHIT MY SHEPPARD IS FEMALE! * kicks nearest object*
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Haha just finished watching it
"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining" - Wrex
Quote by Nomack
Cool story, slowbro.

+1
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
Sean Bean sure does get about, doesn't he?

I didn't see or hear Sean Bean?
Quote by Sinister Waffle
THIS IS BULLSHIT MY SHEPPARD IS FEMALE! * kicks nearest object*

+ Many many 1's

She is a much superior voice actor. (in my opinion).
Quote by FiresBurning
+ Many many 1's

I always use female Shepard. I like sexy characters. Also, I wanted to have sex with Garrus.
Very nicely done and goddamn true. "Reapers invading? Collectors kidnapping people? Slim line between return us and of Reapers fading? Cool, I'm gonna go punch a reporter and go dancing."

Also, everyone bitching about it being Manshep: Am I really the only one who did both genders, one renegade, one paragon?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by FiresBurning
+ Many many 1's

I agree, I feel she did a better job ad expressing the emotions in situations. The male Shepard had to uphold his alpha male assertiveness through out the game. While the female was allowed to be more expressive in her emotions. which to me was one of the strong points of the game.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Sinister Waffle
I agree, I feel she did a better job ad expressing the emotions in situations. The male Shepard had to uphold his alpha male assertiveness through out the game. While the female was allowed to be more expressive in her emotions. which to me was one of the strong points of the game.

Again, having played both, for the most part, I agree, but there are times I preferred Manshep's voice acting. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGnu-7CuEZE&feature=related

2:26-2:43, she sounds pissed. Which I don't get. It's armour, there was plenty of armour swapping between characters in ME1, someone else wearing Shep's armour shouldn't piss her off like that.

Contrast Manshep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGy-_SJb6LE&feature=related

0:50-1:05, he just sounds confused, which seems much more fitting and much more what I'd expect from someone - particularly a trained space marine/space james bond like Shep.

Quote by necrosis1193
Again, having played both, for the most part, I agree, but there are times I preferred Manshep's voice acting. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGnu-7CuEZE&feature=related

2:26-2:43, she sounds pissed. Which I don't get. It's armour, there was plenty of armour swapping between characters in ME1, someone else wearing Shep's armour shouldn't piss her off like that.

Contrast Manshep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGy-_SJb6LE&feature=related

0:50-1:05, he just sounds confused, which seems much more fitting and much more what I'd expect from someone - particularly a trained space marine/space james bond like Shep.

I agree there, however its more of if you just listened to what they were saying I'd be confused. however the female seems to fit their body language better.

EDIT: to clarify if I was in that situation I'd be more confused.
You belong in a museum.

Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by Sinister Waffle
I agree there, however its more of if you just listened to what they were saying I'd be confused. however the female seems to fit their body language better.

I think it's more of a case-by-case thing than a complete thing one way or the other, to be honest. There were plenty of times in both playthroughs I went "That'd fit the other Shepard better", and generally Femshep's VA did do a better job, but when he hits it, Manshep's VA hits it right on the head.

As for body language, again, I agree, but I think it was more of a 60-40 mix than a complete slant towards Femshep.