Page 1 of 2
As some of you (by some I mean like 6 or 7) may remember, Masamune organized an accent competition back in December. The results were okay, but they could have been better. He said I could organize it this time around, so it should obviously turn out better.

Rules:

Basically the way that it works is all the entrants make a recording of themselves reading a preselected piece (though you won't know what it is until the registration period is over, it's a surprise) in an accent of their choice. One problem last time though was that all but one of the entrants did their native accent, and while there are some UGers with cool accents, I think it would be more interesting if they did other accents too, so this time around I thought of the idea of having everyone read the same bit twice, once in their regular accent and then again in a different one. It could be an accurate accent, or a humorous over exaggerated one. And don't worry, it's short enough that you can read it twice.

The format for the recording would be something like:

Hey, I'm ____ and this I'm from ______ and this is by ____ accent
*read through in regular accent*
And now I'm going to read it with a(n) _____ accent.
*read through in second accent*

Deadlines:

It is past the signup date, but you may still register, however you still have the same deadline as the other contestants. Post in this thread or PM me for the information.

You have until June 30th to register. On July 1st, I'll send the piece to everyone (so it will be a surprise) and give them a week to record and submit. Recordings are to be submitted by noon GMT July 8th, though if enough people need an extension, I can add a few extra days. And then there would be a couple of days for the judges to narrow it down to 10 finalists so that they could be put into a poll in the Pit, which would be open for about a week. If there aren't 10 entrants, like last time, it would just go straight to the poll. The winner gets bragging rights and +42 Internets.

PM me to register as a participant or judge, that way I don't have to read through this thread a gazillion times to get everyone. I'll make 10 judges to start. That's about it for now. Good luck to everyone!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jul 1, 2011,

Entrants:

NosralTserrof
thewho65
primusfan
UraniYum
spanishyanez
muffinduck01
Ignite
papershredder
SheKILaDZE
Woffelz
jimmyled
krvolok
justAdreamer
Stud_Muffin
MakinLattes
Pat_s1t
unet
CreepingDeath13
AvengedFoghat
dr_shred

Judges:
totheark
Brendan.Clace
sherry07
sam b
Andrea55
blackflag49
Snowman388
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jul 10, 2011,
Quote by whoomit
I do reaw good owientow accent.

so are you in then?
Quote by primusfan
do I get bonus points for the more accents I do?

that's up to whoever is judging, but go for it. it'll make it more interesting. keep in mind though that the piece you'll be reading is about 30 seconds or so.
as much as i hate to bump my own thread...
I'm in.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
One question. Last time this happened, the guy who was organizing the competition made everyone download (yes download, not stream) the entries to keep the competition anonymous to keep out bias. This was fine for the initial judging, but, by the time it got to the poll portion, I really felt that most of the people "couldn't be arsed" to download and listen to them all.

In short, what I'm saying is that instead of the competition being anonymous, people should be allowed to upload their entries to their profile, and have everything done that way. If it we do it that way, i'm totally in.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I'm in. I do a fairly good(ish) russian accent sometimes
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
I might go with my Russian, Swedish or Chinese accent.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by muffinduck01
One question. Last time this happened, the guy who was organizing the competition made everyone download (yes download, not stream) the entries to keep the competition anonymous to keep out bias. This was fine for the initial judging, but, by the time it got to the poll portion, I really felt that most of the people "couldn't be arsed" to download and listen to them all.

In short, what I'm saying is that instead of the competition being anonymous, people should be allowed to upload their entries to their profile, and have everything done that way. If it we do it that way, i'm totally in.

i could swear that for the most recent one back in December, all the entries were just uploaded to everyone's profiles anyway. that's how i was planning on doing it, just cause it makes everything so much easier.
Quote by muffinduck01
One question. Last time this happened, the guy who was organizing the competition made everyone download (yes download, not stream) the entries to keep the competition anonymous to keep out bias.

I did no such thing.
Uploading entries to profiles is a lot easier, but I can see how bias would come into play.
Quote by Masamune
I did no such thing.
Uploading entries to profiles is a lot easier, but I can see how bias would come into play.

Wait, really?

I must be thinking of something else, maybe not the accent competition, but something else voice related before it. Not sure.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I'll do something later when i'm drunker.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
i'm gonna make a group for the judges, but not until the Russians sort out the problems with the profiles, cause i'd imagine that you won't be able to invite people/accept group invitations, so there's no point until it's fixed.
there's still plenty of time to sign up.
only one week left to sign up!
I'm not signed up, on account of the fact I finished all my whiskey and fell asleep not long after I made that post.

get some more.
I would if it wasn't the week before payday.

4 more days to sign up! let's get a few more entrants!
I might have a go at this, but I can do a fair few accents, so should I just do one, as well as my own accent?
you can do as many as you want.
I'll register, but I'll have to see about getting the recording on time. I'm doing a 940 mile drive on the 30th to a new address, so if I can be unpacked and ready to record on time I'll do it.
Page 1 of 2