I have encountered this as a problem for learning the rhythm of a song. This may not be a problem for guitar players but it is for me as a bass player. I only say this because often times the bass line is very quite and almost impossible to hear. Making it ridiculously difficult to play a piece properly because often times bass tabs will not be separated into measures and the number of hyphen between notes will often represent different duration even if it's the same number of hyphens.
Get Guitar Pro.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Guitar pro and power tab have standard notation adjacent, and on ASCII tabs from Guitar Pro the rhythm is notated.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Because most guitarists don't know how to read standard notation.

By the way, tabs are meant to be read with the recording of the song ready to play. Do you really think tabs are as detailed as standard notation?
Only a very small percentage of them have bar lines and note durations above the tabs.

EDIT: Saw your other post.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by GuitarViking
Get Tux Guitar

Fixed
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
My bad I didn't specify I meant in the style of standard notation. By that I mean measure, rests and related symbols, but with it remaining in tabs form with notes as fret numbers
Quote by Jaxzoid
My bad I didn't specify I meant in the style of standard notation. By that I mean measure, rests and related symbols, but with it remaining in tabs form with notes as fret numbers

Again, Guitar Pro. Well, sort of at least.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
good bass tabs do. they'll either have "1 e + a" or W H Q E S.

honestly though you should work on your ear and transcribing directly. learn to hear the bass regardless of how bad the recording is. learn to hear general harmonic motion. just practice transcribing. it gets easier the
more you do it. your ear is your most valuable resource as a musician.
#DTWD
Guitar pro has both, or, get better at hearing bass.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
^At first I thought your avatar said meth

Get Guitar Pro, or TuxGuitar.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.