Iplay mostly vai and satriani but also stuff like Dire Straits and 3 doors down. Abit of everything really! Oh, and used is completely fine, thanks !
at that kind of money personal preference plays a pretty big part.

i'll reel off the usual suspects, though- for that type of stuff i'd probably be looking at a superstrat of some description. Suhr, Tyler, Vigier, Tom Anderson, Grosch, etc. etc. Also you could get something custom built, which also might be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
£2000? That's like $3200?

Shit, with that budget you could get top end guitars brand spankin' new.

I heard PRS guitars are pretty sexy. Strat of some sort might be a good idea too.

Or go custom built since you have a bitchin' budget.
...as below so above and beyond I imagine.
The world is your oyster at this point. Get the flashiest, sexiest, fastest guitar available. Ibanez JEM UV777 or a Ernie Ball Musicman JP model or a Moog guitar. or maybe you should get a new guitar and a new amp. amp makes more of a difference than guitar does.
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Yeah, i was looking at a Suhr and a Jem 7v. Which would you consider and why? Just because none of my local shops have Suhrs Bur i tried the jem and it was AMAZING!
Quote by CalumFraser
i was also considering a custom swirled jem, any thoughts?

This, swirled paintjobs are the dogs bollocks
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I absolutely adore the higher end PRS, maybe a custom 24 10 top? It should hit about just about any genre you need it to.
For that budget you can get almost anything you want and way more than enough to get a guitar to play Satch and Vai on. For that it's simple, get a higher end Ibanez with a floyd rose type bridge and drop a Fred or Vai's pup in and at most you'll spend a third of your budget. You could also get a Charvel SoCal, an ESP superstrat type axe or Fender strat with a floyd in it and you're good to go. You'll still have loads of dough left over and should give that directly to me.
love swirls

maybe check out stormshadow? they make a bunch of superstrat style guitars, custom-made, and they can do the swirl (though it's pricey, but i guess that's just what it costs).

I recently picked up on of their NOS models on ebay, and it's very nice indeed. they actually have a couple of swirl models already built, but whether or not they'll put them up on ebay for the lower prices, i dunno.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get some Ibanez JEM or Satch signature and buy more stuff with the rest of the money.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Have one built just for you..
With that budget, there should be no other option left to be considered.
Go to a guitar builder and have one made just for YOU.
Used to play Ibanez but then moved up to Vigier - the best I have played. Try the Excalibur Supra.

...oh, they also lowered the price as the company has become ever more popular and production has increased, they now start from as low as £1339 in the UK, saving you pennies - amazing value for a hand-crafted guitar. :-D
Either an Ibanez JEM/Universe or a JS. Or if you like guitars that noone else has, try a Manson. This is a nice one that you can afford. They make Matt Bellamy's guitars; there is a Delorean model for 1k extra.
If you decide to go custom, look in to Dylan ( Daemoness Guitar ) stuff, he makes some incredible instruments.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^ yeah, if you're in the UK you have several options for customs (i haven't tried all of these): legra, stormshadow, daemoness, feline, wez venables... and that's only scratching the surface, there are a ton more options too.

Quote by Indus
Used to play Ibanez but then moved up to Vigier - the best I have played. Try the Excalibur Supra.

...oh, they also lowered the price as the company has become ever more popular and production has increased, they now start from as low as £1339 in the UK, saving you pennies - amazing value for a hand-crafted guitar. :-D

really? link?

vigiers were pretty nice at the prices they were a few years ago, but then the prices shot way up... so they've come back down again?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, if you're in the UK you have several options for customs (i haven't tried all of these): legra, stormshadow, daemoness, feline, wez venables... and that's only scratching the surface, there are a ton more options too.

really? link?

vigiers were pretty nice at the prices they were a few years ago, but then the prices shot way up... so they've come back down again?

The price increase was when the Pound fell against the Euro. Prices did not change, Vigier sold them at the same price, but as the the UK currency fell exchange rates changed and not in the favour of us Brits.

Now Patrice Vigier has cut his margins to be uber competitive in the UK - this is top news for us Brits!!

For some of the 2011 RRP's they are; Excalibur Indus £1339, Excalibur Supra £1669, Excalibur Special (Maple top) £1979. For a hand-crafted guitar of this quality these are nice prices.
Add Mayones to the list. They make pretty darn nice guitars at this price range.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Indus
The price increase was when the Pound fell against the Euro. Prices did not change, Vigier sold them at the same price, but as the the UK currency fell exchange rates changed and not in the favour of us Brits.

Now Patrice Vigier has cut his margins to be uber competitive in the UK - this is top news for us Brits!!

For some of the 2011 RRP's they are; Excalibur Indus £1339, Excalibur Supra £1669, Excalibur Special (Maple top) £1979. For a hand-crafted guitar of this quality these are nice prices.

oh yeah, i'm well aware why the prices changed, i didn't mean to suggest that vigier was up to anything dodgy or anything.

but yeah those prices sound a lot better than they were. maybe not back to the old prices (iirc at one point the most basic models were about £999), but a lot better than the prices i've seen recently (which were often well over £2k).

Thanks for the info
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For £2k you could probably get a Master Series LAG Arkane, like mine, albeit the newer version (AP3000). I say probably because I'm not sure of current RRP's for them, but when I got mine ~2 years ago it was £2,299 RRP and the guy at the only place dealing them nearby knocked it down to £1,899 because he loved the guitar and didn't want it to be shipped back to France/UK distribution (I had to have it ordered in to even try it, but only for a £50 returnable deposit, and it definitely met my expectations). They're quite unique as many people simply haven't heard of them, but the craftmanship is amazing and the Master Series are handmade.

Edit: Oh, and I certainly believe it to be the best guitar I've ever played... not sure about ones I haven't tried (for my tastes it beat PRS, Ibanez Prestige S, and Jackson).
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Jun 30, 2011,