So I've got a moped (I'm 16), and my dad told me that if could sell the moped and buy guitar gear for the money instead. I don't drive that often compared to some of my friends.

This is tempting since I need (want) a new amp, and a new guitar wouldn't be too bad either.

Now, what should I do? What would you do?
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
What you really need is a fog machine.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I would keep the moped. The grass is always greener and all that jazz
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Use the moped for a delivery job. Earn cash, buy gear, keep the moped. win win.
sigh...
Don't do it. I doubt you are a pro musician that plays shows every weekend. Mopeds are lame but they can at least get you places. You need to install wheels on an amp in order to do that.
Quote by Frank_Black
Don't do it unless you have another means of transportation.

This.

I don't know about finland, but here I can spend £1 in fuel to go somewhere on my motorbike than £4.20 for the bus with return.
You'll really regret it when you need it.

Gear can wait.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
1. Sell bike
2. Get money
3. **** more bitches because they will respect you more for not riding a wimpy moped
4. Buy new amp/guitar
5. Walk to places, get in shape
6. ???????
7. Profit.

Simple really.
pinga
Quote by Frank_Black
Don't do it unless you have another means of transportation.

I have my bicycle. I could easily bike 10 kilometres somewhere and back, so my moped is just really a luxury when I'm lazy.

Quote by enceps
Use the moped for a delivery job. Earn cash, buy gear, keep the moped. win win.

That's not really possible in my area. Belive me, I've tried hard to find a job.

Quote by sticksause
Don't do it. I doubt you are a pro musician that plays shows every weekend. Mopeds are lame but they can at least get you places. You need to install wheels on an amp in order to do that.

I have the option to put wheels on my bass amplifier if that's what you're talking about.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Quote by Silent Murder
This.

I don't know about finland, but here I can spend £1 in fuel to go somewhere on my motorbike than £4.20 for the bus with return.
You'll really regret it when you need it.

Gear can wait.

Exactly, but it's not just the cost, it's the waiting around for buses/trains when they are unreliable and late/cancelled. Time you could be using to practice
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by Low Man's Lyric

I have the option to put wheels on my bass amplifier if that's what you're talking about.

exactly what I meant haha just make sure you also get brakes
Quote by maiden_man_666
Exactly, but it's not just the cost, it's the waiting around for buses/trains when they are unreliable and late/cancelled. Time you could be using to practice

Time I could be using to play with my new amp

I don't really go that far I'd have to use the bus, and I could nag some bus money off my parents if I'm lucky.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
Quote by Low Man's Lyric
Time I could be using to play with my new amp

I don't really go that far I'd have to use the bus, and I could nag some bus money off my parents if I'm lucky.

No what I'm getting at is if you have a bike you can just go there, rather than having to walk to the bus stop/train station and wait around for ages. It's just far more convenient and less time consuming.
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by maiden_man_666
No what I'm getting at is if you have a bike you can just go there, rather than having to walk to the bus stop/train station and wait around for ages. It's just far more convenient and less time consuming.

I have no problem with bus travel really, so that's not the problem.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
If you don't mind biking everywhere (it's not like you can carry stuff in a moped, right?) then sell it. I probably would, though I am (admittedly) addicted to buying gear. I can't help it anymore, I have a problem
Last edited by Frank_Black at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by Frank_Black
If you don't mind biking everywhere (it's not like you can carry stuff in a moped, right?) then sell it. I probably would, though I am (admittedly) addicted to buying gear. I can't help it anymore, I have a problem

If I would have to carry stuff I'd get a backpack either way, so I it makes sense.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
I would keep the ride if I were You. What if you got a gig in Sweden in an ABBA tribute band? lol
All my guitars are old enough to buy beer, are You?
Quote by stevoreno
I would keep the ride if I were You. What if you got a gig in Sweden in an ABBA tribute band? lol

I wouldn't go with my moped then, would I?
Quote by Kill A Kitten
Last edited by Low Man's Lyric at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by Jon777
This is completely unrelated, but you should paint the moped pink, and then buy some hardcore biker gear to wear.

Why? 'Cause it'd be hilarious.

In eigth grade (I think) a friend of mine wanted to start a biker gang called "Metal Militia". He even talked about getting stickers to stick on our mopeds. Can't tell if he was trolling or not.

If you're gonna be unrelated, so am I.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
Quote by sticksause
exactly what I meant haha just make sure you also get brakes

And who said I wasn't a pro musician? I'm not, but I could be, you never know.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
No. Don't make every item you own music stuff, that'll make you a one-dimensional person. Be well rounded and get into other stuff as well.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.