Page 1 of 2
Okay, over the last 6 months or so I started talking to this guy I met on my bus. Not everyday but nearly once a week or so (depending on when I get out of work). When we first started talking he noticed me a few times before with a guitar and he told me about his interest in music as well as being a keyboardist. We have talked about music a fair bit here and there as well as a few other things. Just recently he gave me his number and said we should jam sometime. Thought I dont think im at a point to play with others I thought it was cool.

Anyway, was going to add his number to my phone and send him mine, when I told my gf and she said that I shouldnt send/give it him as I dont know him that well saying hes a stranger and cant be trusted. After much thought I kinda feel that she might be right. I know a few things about him but not a friend level, more like aquentence level. He seems okay though, ive met some nutters in my time and he sounds pretty okay. Only thing I see wrong his he is alot older than me (hes 30 and im 22).

Do you think I should give him my number or should I hold onto it and tell him I dont feel comfortable yet giving it him? This has sorta been worrying me all night.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Sadokun: Eating cardboard never tasted this good!

Quote by Otis Lee Crenshaw
Billy Ray Cyrus? Billy Ray Cyrus is about as f****** country as a bag of f****** wet mice, alright?
Live a little. Take risks.

RUN WITH SCISSORS!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Just get to know him better before he butt rapes you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
surpise buttseks

in all seriousness, maybe he just wants a friend?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
What the hell kinda world do we live in, where 'strangers' you see on the bus are suspected of being rapists? I would give him my number, but if you're not comfortable, don't do it.
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
tell your girlfriend to stop being so paranoid, you're an adult and you should be able to look after yourself. It's not like you don't know the guy at all, give him your number.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by 007dude
What the hell kinda world do we live in, where 'strangers' you see on the bus are suspected of being rapists? I would give him my number, but if you're not comfortable, don't do it.

This.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
lol you're 22 and you are asking about of 15 year olds if you should give your number to a guy you regularly talk to?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Thats more or less how my band got our bassist.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by 007dude

This.

Quote by jgbsmith
tell your girlfriend to stop being so paranoid, you're an adult and you should be able to look after yourself. It's not like you don't know the guy at all

And that.
Oh flange.
why dont you go to a studio with him?? you don't have to go his house?!

And if he has your number so what? what's he going to do with your number apart from text/call you?
Your GF sounds insecure mate. Women don't understand things in life and therefore cannot solve things lol (that is me being very sexist lol but I'm only talking from exp)

I will admit I have had the same dilemma but I didn't think they were going to rape me or nothing lol and from this I have made some good friends
Originally Posted by jazar94
Oh God, anal masturbation with a banana.
Wait...
**** YEAH! ANAL MASTURBATION WITH A BANANA!

Quote by Silent Murder
This man knows his cleaning essentials.

It'll smell nice afterwards too
I think you should just give him your number. It's not like he's going to beat you up by text message...
Check out my fitness blog here
Tbh when I think about it, my gf does have a few trust issues so I dont know if that has anything to do with this. She just says she has a bad feeling about it all.

And I kinda feel abit stupid for even posting this when I read it back. Ive became fb friends and gave my numbers to people I havent know for less than that. Thanks everyone for your input

Edit: Btw I thought murder worst comes to worse than rape. I guess that shows im not as pessimistic as I thought
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Sadokun: Eating cardboard never tasted this good!

Quote by Otis Lee Crenshaw
Billy Ray Cyrus? Billy Ray Cyrus is about as f****** country as a bag of f****** wet mice, alright?
Last edited by Sadokun at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by dynastywest69
why dont you go to a studio with him?? you don't have to go his house?!

And if he has your number so what? what's he going to do with your number apart from text/call you?
Your GF sounds insecure mate. Women don't understand things in life and therefore cannot solve things lol (that is me being very sexist lol but I'm only talking from exp)

I will admit I have had the same dilemma but I didn't think they were going to rape me or nothing lol and from this I have made some good friends

Hahaha this guy speaks the truth!
Quote by dynastywest69
Why don't they understand things? Is it because they have a vagina, or is because they just don't understand things?

EDIT: 'They' being the women you've met who don't understand things.
Last edited by due 07 at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by Banjocal
Live a little. Take risks.

This. enjoy life

btw, banjocal; why does a piano play a G#m if dropped?
Quote by crohno

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by crohno
This. enjoy life

A FLAT MINOR HURRRRR
Quote by whoomit
Hahaha this guy speaks the truth!

Lol thanks!
Originally Posted by jazar94
Oh God, anal masturbation with a banana.
Wait...
**** YEAH! ANAL MASTURBATION WITH A BANANA!

Quote by Silent Murder
This man knows his cleaning essentials.

It'll smell nice afterwards too
Well I met up with some strangers over a year ago now about having a jam, like total strangers, never even met them once, not seen them (aside from obligatory facebook checks ) or anything.
Got in the car with the dude who picked me up, we drove to some real shady looking wasteland industrial place that was meant to be a studio.

A year later that guy and the drummer from that band are in our own band and are all real good friends.

My situation was more seemingly shady than yours and I benefitted from it quite well. So go for it!
I thought the TS was a girl until TS went, "I told my GF."

Needless to say, bricks were shat.
dude I moved to a new city recently and in trying to put together a band I've met up with almost 20 complete strangers from the internet, often had them over at my place for the first jam session. You at least know the guy to a degree, at least his appearance. If he doesn't seem threatening just do it man, if you feel like jamming with someone that is.

and actually, I've even made one very close friend from meeting all those strange people, same might happen for you.

edit: and I thought you were a girl too, and then it sort of made sense that you might have been put off by the thought of going to the guy's place, but please... you're supposed to be a dude!
Last edited by SheKILaDZE at Jun 29, 2011,
I contacted a bloke about a year ago to join a band, I think he was 28 and me 20.

I suggested going to a studio to have a jam, but he asked me to go to his flat. I obviously said no, but then he kept bugging me! So I just told him to **** off, and then ignored him.

He might've been legit but I wasn't going to take the chance, and I didn't want a vicious buttraping.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
If you're sure he wasn't hitting on you then its probably ok
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Dude, it's your phone number not your social security number. What's the worst he can do? Send you pictures of him playing his keyboard with his cock and prank call you at 2am while you're ****ing your girlfriend?
Learn a little trust.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Dude, it's your phone number not your social security number. What's the worst he can do? Send you pictures of him playing his keyboard with his cock and prank call you at 2am while you're ****ing your girlfriend?
Learn a little trust.

Sounds like someone talking from experience here :P
Quote by PaulyVengeance
A 'Stranger' is just a friend you haven't met yet.

Or a pedophile?
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Paranoid GF
"-How do you feel about libraries?"
"-I hate them."
"-Well, not anymore!"
*Cue commercial tune*
Track Library! - A library, for tracks. Ain't that somethin'?
Page 1 of 2