Juice
10 12%
alcohol-free beer
3 4%
Milk (joke option)
13 15%
Other
6 7%
If women can drive I should be allowed at least 10 shots!
22 26%
Drink nothing
2 2%
Voters: 84.
Page 1 of 2
After a night of being the designated driver, I come to this glorious forum with a question. Is there an acceptable non-alcoholic drink besides soda? I must have drunk a whole bottle of Coke and will probably remain wide awake until dawn. Was at a friend's so I could've just drunk tap water, but I wasn't really thinking about it at the time. It's pretty weird to order water during a proper night out though.

So Pit, imagine this: it's Friday night, you've driven you and your buddies to a club since you're 18/21+ and all. You're also a health freak, rendering soda or energy drink a no-go. You're at the bar as it's your round, you've got your friends' orders - 4 beer - and a bartender approaches you asking for your order. You reply: "4 beer and a [drink], please!", receive the drinks, pay up and enjoy the taste of a wise decision.

I shall not tolerate soda vs pop debates!
Rule for mathematicians: Never drink and derive.
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
there's nothing weird about ordering water. It's free after all.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Labatt Nordic if you like NA beer
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Horse semen.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Drink, don't drive.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Quote by whoomit
Water? Orange juice?

These are the two I would suggest.
Just a pint glass of water does the trick. You dun technically need to drink anything anyway.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Weird I was just thinking about this in the Shower 20 mins ago. I only drink Water (and alot of it!) and I was thinking about how much of a cheap ass I would look in a pub If I just kept going up asking for water (It's free). I'd probably try pay. But yeah if you are a health freak (like me) pretty much the only thing you can be drinking is water.
Doesn't water just make you seem like a cheap bastard?

Edit: ^You get what I'm talking about. Also, a lot of places don't allow people to order tap water anymore, you'd have to order bottled water, while still looking like a cheap fuck.
Last edited by frankv at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by frankv
Doesn't water just make you seem like a cheap bastard?

Nobody's going to say anything.. it's not like the bar staff actually care.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
Nobody's going to say anything.. it's not like the bar staff actually care.

If anything they like that there's a designated driver. I think it makes their insurance cheaper.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Dont drink and drive!

Drive between sips
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
cranberry juice is a good choice, or tonic water if you like it (I'm not a big fan).

To change the topic slightly: what's a good drink to order out? I'm getting tired of whiskey + coke all the time. Something manly though, no sex on the beach or long island tea.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by frankv
^Do explain!

It's all the mixers that go into a drink, without the booze.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Quote by Ackj
cranberry juice is a good choice, or tonic water if you like it (I'm not a big fan).

To change the topic slightly: what's a good drink to order out? I'm getting tired of whiskey + coke all the time. Something manly though, no sex on the beach or long island tea.

Man up and just drink whiskey.
Or if you want something sweet, vodka+lemonade.

Edit: Oh weird, I'm not in the habit of telling people to man up, wonder where that came from...
^^ Why don't order a nice local beer? I've heard the popular American beers suck, but I've heard better things about the local stuff. Can't get manlier than beer. Dunno about mixes, although Bacardi+Lime soda is decent.

Also, wouldn't a mocktail basically be a mix of sodas and juices then, which would still be half bad?
Quote by frankv
^^ Why don't order a nice local beer? I've heard the popular American beers suck, but I've heard better things about the local stuff. Can't get manlier than beer. Dunno about mixes, although Bacardi+Lime soda is decent.

Also, wouldn't a mocktail basically be a mix of sodas and juices then, which would still be half bad?

Beers fill me up too much and make me piss all night. Figure on a night out I'm drinking at 2-3 liters of beer... not the best. I do like to have a few at a bbq or something, but not to pound down all night.

And to answer your question... yes.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
I mostly only drink water or juice as non-alcoholic drinks. Only time I ever really have carbonated drinks is when I mix them with vodka.
🙈 🙉 🙊
you buy rounds when youre the DD? why would you do that?

you can drink when youre the DD, just not that much so you stay below the legal limit.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Ackj
Beers fill me up too much and make me piss all night. Figure on a night out I'm drinking at 2-3 liters of beer... not the best. I do like to have a few at a bbq or something, but not to pound down all night.

If you don't want to fill up, go with shots. You'll even have both of your hands available for maximum dancing!

Anyways, I'm off to bed, hope you guys have fun in here.

Edit: Yeah, I'd buy one round early in the night and receive drinks during the rest. Saves me some walking up and down the bar.
Last edited by frankv at Jun 16, 2011,
Quote by frankv
If you don't want to fill up, go with shots. You'll even have both of your hands available for maximum dancing!

Anyways, I'm off to bed, hope you guys have fun in here.

Night!
Quote by Ackj

Martinis. They're awesome, and manly.
Perrier. Like a dick.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Apple juice is the only choice.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I order water all the time. even when I am drinking. water really is an elixir of life.
#DTWD
Quote by Ackj

A zombie or an Adios Motherfucker.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Any flavor of tea you like
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
ordering water at restaurants is hella expensive, at least over here. They never give you tap water, they give you water from a bottle and charge 2.50 for a third of a liter.
Page 1 of 2