So here's the necessary information: I play a WI-66 Custom w/ active pups through a 120W Peavey XXX. I use the effects loop to run all my effects, and the complete signal chain is as follows: Guitar >> Noise suppressor >> preamp stage >> FX Send >> Noise Suppressor >> Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah >> Line 6 PodX3 Live >> Boss RC-20XL Loop Station >> Vox Snakecharmer Compressor >> FX return >> power stage >> cab >> your ears.

The problem is this: I am recording an album right now, so I haven't been changing any settings. I stopped recording one day, didn't change anything, and came back the next only to find my volume being completely nerfed (only when the effects loop for the amp is on). Also, when the FX loop is on, the effects still sound, but they're definitely not working properly. Case in point: I can put the volume pedal for the X3 all the way to heel position, which used to completely cut the sound, but now in heel position it just cuts any effects out, but you can still hear the guitar. Here is the REALLY trippy part: with the effects loop on, but the line 6 pedal off, no signal should come through, correct (as the pedal is off and not passing the signal)? Well, that's not happening; I could turn my X3 Live completely off and signal was still going through and coming out of the amp.

What the HELL is going on? I tried turning everything on and off, replacing my guitar battery, and checking as many cables as I could, but nothing changed. Please, gods of GG&A, whose knowledge far surpasses my own and probably always will, help me diagnose my problem so I can finish the last song on my band's record before we move out at the end of June
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
did anyone else have access to the room?

if so maybe the changed something?
Is the XXX's loop tube driven or buffered? That particular tube could be going....would explain why the problem only occurs with the FX loop is utilized.
Last edited by Tyler.Allain at Jun 16, 2011,
@Wozzsta: Nope, checked all my settings and everything is literally exactly the same.

@Tyler: I don't know; from the schematic in the manual it looks like it's not tube driven, but I can't be sure.

One thing I do know is I turned it on yesterday and it was back to normal... weird as shit.
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
How are you powering your pedals? I think the problem is somewhere in there.

EDIT: Weird things happen like that sometimes. I know it has happened to me, on almost all of the amps I have owned. Sometimes they'll just flip out for no apparent reason. Turn it off for a while, and turn it back on, and it's like nothing happened. Possibly something to do with the power.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jun 18, 2011,