Need opinion on which Ibanez to get, I play hard rock/blues rock/heavy metal/progressive music. I am not a fan of locking trem but I am more worried about resistance/durability and specially sound quality, I'd like something versatile too... So which of these two you think I should get?
RGA will have a warmer tone with the mahogany body and the carved top is nice because you can relax your hand more without your fingers being on the body. I think I woul dget the RGA over the RG just for the body, eveyrhting else is basically the same on both guitars.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Now, as much as I like normal RGs, I personally think the RGA is the better of the two.
The body material is mahogany as opposed to basswood, which gives it a warmer, thicker sound. I like warmer and thicker.

Other than body wood though, they're essentially the same guitar.
They both have Ibanez Vintage-style pickups, the exact same selection switch options, a Wizard Prestige neck and a fixed bridge (although I think the bridge on the RG1421 is a newer model, but as far as I can work out it has no advantages to the RGA121's bridge.)

In other words, it's all down to personal preference. As is nearly always the case.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
i'd prefer the rga (i say that having only tried the rga ). I think i read somewhere that the rg1451 might have cheaper hardware and it doesn't have a hard case, which might possibly add some credence to that possibly apocryphal story (as all the other prestiges have hard cases, they might be differentiating the lineup a little).

FWIW the rga i tried was bright as all get out. Yeah, it's mahogany, but it has a thick as **** hard maple top, and it has a bolt-on 25.5" scale maple neck.

Jeez. All these generalisations get tiresome. Mahogany doesn't automatically mean "warm/dark LULZ". It depends on a lot of other factors too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?