I'm looking for something that can play a bunch of preset drum beats. Having some options to turn on other instruments wouldn't be a bad thing either.

I'm considering buying a Fender G-DEC. I'm told that the newer G-DECs don't allow you to turn off other instruments and just leave the drums.

I hate to spend over a hundred dollars on an amp that I don't plan on using for anything but playing drum and bass loops.

What would you suggest for playing drum beats?
Last edited by Jake2 at Jun 16, 2011,
Many the boss dr-3?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Try to find a used Roland R8. The Alesis ones are pretty good too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If you want something cheap, look for an old Zoom Rhythmtrack. Nothing super fancy, but you can program fairly complex beats with it and it has a channel for bass too.

Another option would be to get reaper and use a VSTi plugin for drums... Just program the beat in the midi editor and add the VSTi as an FX plugin... Reaper is free on a trial basis, and I'm sure you can find a free drum VSTi.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by thehikingdude
Check into a used Alesis SR-16. Great drum machine for not a lot of money.

+1
Quote by jpatan
If you want something cheap, look for an old Zoom Rhythmtrack. Nothing super fancy, but you can program fairly complex beats with it and it has a channel for bass too

Excellent drum machines for the money, especially the RT323. Has MIDI and smart media which are both bonuses. Won't let you do accent or flam, but it defiently gets the job done, especially as they can be picked up pretty cheap on ebay these days.
Quote by ragingben
Excellent drum machines for the money, especially the RT323. Has MIDI and smart media which are both bonuses. Won't let you do accent or flam, but it defiently gets the job done, especially as they can be picked up pretty cheap on ebay these days.

Yeah, I have the RT234 and it doesn't have smart media, but it does have midi. Have only used the midi a couple times, but it's nice to have.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
You can hear my DR-5 in the clips Sneaky and Unsynced Jam in my profile. The clips Black Cat Boogie and Black Cat Revisited also have some different beats from the DR-5, but they are palyed through my stereo and the subwoofer kind of overwhelmed the beats in the handheld recorder.

I absolutely love the DR-5. I even have a more expensive DR-770, but the DR-5 built in beats are IMO cooler. It can even do a guitar to midi conversion, but I've never tried it.