I've been working on a speaker cabinet project for a while and need to buy the speakers soon. I'm thinking about putting bass speakers in and was wondering if you all think that would be a good idea.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
It's possible, but it probably won't sound very good. The frequency range for a bass speaker isn't calibrated to handle a regular guitar's higher range very well.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
well i'd be running both a bass and a guitar tuned to B or lower. WOuld that help at all?
Warwick Corvette
josh homme from queens of the stone age uses bass cabs and i'd rank his tone in my top ten
would it work for a more death metal sound?
Warwick Corvette
its not all that typical and its not all that common. it will affect your sound and ti will give you a TON of bottom end.

a guy in my local store was trying to convince me a 1x15 bass cab would sound good with my 1x12 22 watt amp run together because it would give me better bass response from my smaller combo.
celestion g12k100

can be used as bass speakers and people love those for guitar, maybe try those
Totally possible. One of the guitar players from Mastodon uses 2 bass 15"s in a Fender Twin and he has a killer tone. For the best frequency coverage though you may want to balance it out with some kind of actual guitar speaker.
if you look at frequency response graphs in the spec sheets for guitar and bass speakers, the range is very very similar. big difference is that bass speakers have a further cone travel, so loud low frequency signals dont wear out the speakers. if you are into treble boosted guitar or really sharp sounding distortion, i would say this isn't a great idea for you. but you said you will be using downtuned guitars and bass guitars so i'd say this is a good idea for you.