So I'm planning on getting a new guitar in the near future. I already have a Fender Strat and two acoustics. So for this guitar, I was planning on getting something that'd be a little "heavier". The genres I'm looking to be playing with this new axe would be hard rock, but also some lighter stuff. (So no actives.) Budget would be around $700-$800. Bands that I enjoy would include Thrice (pretty much all their stuff), Alter Bridge, 12 Stones, etc. As far as aesthetics go, I would like something 'vintage' looking. (Think Tobacco burst, amber, flamed maple.)
I have tried a used Explorer and a Schecter C-1 and enjoyed both very much. But I'm open to any other suggestions.
Last edited by Mohican at Jun 17, 2011,
http://www.rondomusic.com/7string.html

You should invest in a 7 string tele or strat! The extra low string provided will help you keep the same style with a 6, but just an extra low to get a little heavier if you need too!
Quote by cm880999
Not fast enough.. try playing this song i wrote it's called trolls delight!

heres the progression

A F Bb Gm E C D A Bm C Bm A Bm Bb Bm Cm Cb C Cbm A

played at 883 bmp change the chord every click

its pretty easy though
just curious, is the explorer a gibson?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
just curious, is the explorer a gibson?

The original explorer was gibson ,but just about every company makes an explorer stlye body.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Look at the PRS Tremonti SE, it is an amazing guitar for the $. If you don't want tremontis name on your guitar look at the SE single cut, PRS SE custom 22.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A 7 string Tele would definitely be one of a kind. Ha. And yes, the Explorer is a Gibson. I was also thinking of a Schecter Solo 6. But they're pretty scarce around here...
Check out an ESP/LTD Strat or Les Paul copy. Maybe even an Explorer from them. Nice chunky humbucker sound, but they can be as heavy or light as you want them to be if you fool around with your volume and tone controls.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by Robbgnarly
The original explorer was gibson ,but just about every company makes an explorer stlye body.

=_= Not shit sherlock, I'm talking about the explorer that TS tried
HILT!

Where's Waldo?