Ok im sure most people on this site have noticed that ever since UG Plus was released they advertised that if you payed monthly, you would not get and ads/ popups while on UG... But ever since then has anyone noticed how we get twice as many ads ever since that came out? every page that i got at least i get 1 popup add when i didnt before. so that leads up to my question. WHAT THE HELL UG.
Uh.. Basic marketing 101? Create a demand for your product
My God, it's full of stars!
adblock plus ftw.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
adblock plus ftw.

I got a warning for saying that once.

but, this.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at Jun 17, 2011,
Quote by JagerSlushy
I got a warning for saying that once.

but, this.

That's really low, warning for that. It's a legal, free, open source alternative (coded by an independent developer) to UG's product, which frankly, is a waste of money. I understand how UG is a business and businesses need money, but if UG just stopped the retarded video ads that block half the screen, I really wouldn't have any problems with typical banners. They were actually kind of interesting and gave the page some decoration.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Ya, the rollover ads are annoying as tits but I don't have to deal with any type of ads what with that adblock plus and whatnot.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
adblock adblock adblock adblock adblock. im gonna go install an adblock plugin UG. no more rollover ads gettin in my way.
I dislike the ones that pop up when your trying to read the news then when you close it you no longer can scroll down the page. grrrrrr.
I don't even have UG plus and haven't seen the first ad on this site since the launch. lol. I don't know what happened, but they've all disappeared for me.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
A website this size costs money. Deal with the ads, or pay $2 a month. Jesus christ...
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
lotta people in this thread gonna get banned.
Do you guys realize without the ads UG wouldn't exist?
Stop ****ing complaining and deal with it.
ಠ_ಠ
At the time of posting, this site has 1,038,639 threads. Not sure if that's including locked threads and dead threads. 1,901,774 members from all over the world, the average of which, to my count, seems to be 1,000 online at any given time. 20,817,422 posts. A lot of those are probably image macros, giant screen-strechers or gifs or other bandwidth eaters. Probably more than one of each of that has them, which is probably more than half of that giant number, and of course quoting the above post doubles the bandwidth that post ate.

If that were all, this wouldn't be a cheap website to run.

It also has probably hundreds of thousands, if not millions of tabs, a profile for each one of those near 2,000,000 members, a lot of whom - myself included - make liberal use of the MP3 uploader. Blogs, groups, also with their own forums, images, MP3's, blogs, everything. Interviews, lessons, videos, however much they're paying Slash.

And this isn't including paying the employees. Altogether, UG is a gigantic bandwidth magnet, and a fucking expensive site to keep running at all, let alone as smoothly as it does.

And you know what? We're getting it for fucking free. Zero dollars, zero cents. The payment plans are optional. Do you have any idea how easily a website this expensive to maintain could justify going pay-only?

Stop bitching about a goddamn ad here and there before the staff decide that they don't want to deal with whiny free users with entitlement issues anymore and turn off the ads, as well as the free access.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jun 17, 2011,
Quote by necrosis1193
At the time of posting, this site has 1,038,639 threads. Not sure if that's including locked threads and dead threads. 1,901,774 members from all over the world, the average of which, to my count, seems to be 1,000 online at any given time. 20,817,422 posts. A lot of those are probably image macros, giant screen-strechers or gifs or other bandwidth eaters. Probably more than one of each of that has them, which is probably more than half of that giant number, and of course quoting the above post doubles the bandwidth that post ate.

If that were all, this wouldn't be a cheap website to run.

It also has probably hundreds of thousands, if not millions of tabs, a profile for each one of those near 2,000,000 members, a lot of whom - myself included - make liberal use of the MP3 uploader. Blogs, groups, also with their own forums, images, MP3's, blogs, everything. Interviews, lessons, videos, however much they're paying Slash.

And this isn't including paying the employees. Altogether, UG is a gigantic bandwidth magnet, and a fucking expensive site to keep running at all, let alone as smoothly as it does.

And you know what? We're getting it for fucking free. Zero dollars, zero cents. The payment plans are optional. Do you have any idea how easily a website this expensive to maintain could justify going pay-only?

Stop bitching about a goddamn ad here and there before the staff decide that they don't want to deal with whiny free users with entitlement issues anymore and turn off the ads, as well as the free access.

This is exactly what I was too drunk to type ouot myself Well said.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway